Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote recipies????

Old 07-17-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Coyote recipies????

I don't want to gross anybody out in here but my wife just laid into me big time. I've got a coyote hunt planned for next weekend and my wife just doesn't want me to go and she's doing everything in her feminine powers to stop me. If you're married, you know what I mean.

She says that she's been very good and understanding of me and this "hunting thing" since I do feed the family. I've taken deer, turkey, pheasant, grouse, duck, goose, dove, crow, rabbit and squirrel. Everything has ended up on the dinner plate. When I told her that I was going on a coyote hunt she got one of those funny looks and asked just how I was going to cook it. She completely flipped out when I told her that I was just planning to keep the pelt and not eat it. This arguement has been going on for 3 days. There has to be someone who's eaten one of these things or at least know a good reason to not eat one that will calm down a very angry wife.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyote recipies????

post this message ona vietnamese or korean forum.

i don't need to explain why.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:38 PM

You'll get worms if you eat coyote.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have eaten fox ( 4 legs not just 2 legs),so a yote should be no differant.
Shoot , clean , cook .

A crook pot will make it tender.
Don't know if yote is strong

Johnch
Old 07-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't want to eat it, this argument tends to work. Coyotes are doing a lot of damage to the edible game in the area, eg upland, fawns, rabbits. Inorder to maintain better levels of table fare, shoot coyotes.
Or, if in an agricultural area, you are really just doing the farmers a favor as coyotes prey on young livestock.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess I'm fortunate , my wife doesn't question what I hunt , yours shouldn't either .

Not everything that gets hunted gets eaten . Will she expect you to chow down on prarie dogs or woodchucks simply because you popped a few as a public service ? Would she object if you donated your next doe to a food bank instead of eating it ? Try explaining the concept of varmint hunting to her , or better yet take her with you . When you pop one ask her what part she wants to eat first .
Old 07-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Heres one argument.

You are doing a public safety hunt.

4/16/05 Mayfield Village, OH - On Saturday, a female coyote bit a 61-year old cyclist from Willoughby. The incident took place near the park's 50-acre Upper 40 unit near the A.B. Williams Memorial Woods and popular Forest Picnic Area, both in Mayfield Village. The coyote later approached three Cleveland Metroparks officials, including a park ranger who shot the animal. The coyote's head was sent for testing, with results on
Wednesday indicated the animal had rabies.

http://search.netscape.com/ns/search?fromPage=NSCPTop&query=coyote%20attacks &x=0&y=0
Old 07-18-2005, 07:00 PM

eating yote is the grossest thing I have ever herd I would rather eat $hit sandwiches. as mentioned above you wife shouldn't question your hunting I think you need to sit down with her and have a good talk. My wife doesn't like hunting and she doesn't eat wild game but she still doesn't question my hobby. Good luck with the yote hunt and don't eat it
Old 07-19-2005, 03:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only asians eat dog............... dude thats gross even thinkin about it!!!![:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 07-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ROFL. The Army assured me that if you had to, you could eat anything that creeps, takes flight, crawls or swims. Certainly, in the orient they eat dogs and they even have a breed that they grow for harvest. But I would cook the hell out of a coyote. Everything tastes better with onions and a can of mushroom soup!

Quick Reply: Coyote recipies????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.