Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Dnr releasing coyotes

Old 06-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dnr releasing coyotes

Stop changing your story, and people might believe you.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:48 PM

ROFLMAO!!
Old 06-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a aritcal about a state DNR ( can't remember witch one ) was live traping yotes ,takeing samples ,fitting them with radio callars and releasing them .Not moving them.
It was see if the yotes ate cattle or sheep , somthing like that.

As much problems Ohio has with them eating cats and dogs ,it seem far fetched to think a state would import them.

Johnch
Old 06-05-2005, 09:44 PM
z31

Sorry ill i ment was that some one told me.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bunch of crap.

DNR won't introduce yotes.

It's always he said...she said.

In WV, people are blaming the DNR for releasing yotes around our parts. We've been seeing them for 20 years, but NOW it's the DNR. It's called urban sprawl and lack of predators. The coyote population is just growing..that's all.

They are releasing abagoochees like wildfire, though.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's very possible to shoot a black bear, or mtn. lion here in CO. that have an ear tag. Could it be that the CDOW has been haulin' them here by the truck load from some other state.[]
Or would it seem more probable that the lion or bear may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time and the CDOW trapped it, or tranqulized it, and hauled it back into the woods and released it!
The critters in this state live by the "3 strikes, you're out" rule. Meaning that if a bear or lion is found in a residentul area and is causing any troubles with trash, or eating family pets, and are found to be doing it three times, they no longer get a free ride back to the hills!! SO, the tag in the ear is identification for the animal, wonder if your dnr does something like this on the coyotes?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come On Z - Your opening statement says "we saw em". To me and I'm sure others, that means you used your eyes to see who ever unloaded yotes from semi trucks. Did you guys get a tag number,take pics,talk to the guys,report to the local papers,radio,tv etc.. If you or any of your buddys saw all this - It's one hell of a story for the press!

The insurance companys are responsible - Woooow Weee. Sounds like more conspiracy in PA.

I think the whole thing is a bunch of Gobbledee Goook. Sorry - but I find it hard to believe that ANY DNR in ANY state could do such a thing without someone spillin the beans to the press in a matter of days or weeks at best.

I can believe the DNR would tag a yote(s).
Old 06-26-2005, 09:02 PM

there were some coyotes tagged by the PaGame Commission... but why would they spend money to import something that is open season year round... use a little sense before you try to spread this he said/she said bull$h!t...