Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

bushnell scope

Old 12-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Spike

After a couple weeks of research I went into a local store this past weekend and looked at several scopes in person - Bushnell banner, trophy, elite, and a couple nikon's priced between $180-$250. The Elite was the clear winner with the Trophy right there, they both seemed clearer than the Nikon's which surprised me as going in my mind was all but made up on a Nikon Optima.
The next day I ordered a Bushnell Elite 3200 Bone Collector DOA 250 that I will be mounting to my ML using a Durasight one piece mount.
I just received the scope yesterday, very happy with first impressions. Should get to shoot this weekend and can't wait!
I would like to say that I am sure there are several great scopes to chose from for $180, I wasn't able to find a local place that carried the others in that price range in order to compare therefore I chose from the scopes I was able to look at in person.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Neumonic
After a couple weeks of research I went into a local store this past weekend and looked at several scopes in person - Bushnell banner, trophy, elite, and a couple nikon's priced between $180-$250. The Elite was the clear winner with the Trophy right there, they both seemed clearer than the Nikon's which surprised me as going in my mind was all but made up on a Nikon Optima.
The next day I ordered a Bushnell Elite 3200 Bone Collector DOA 250 that I will be mounting to my ML using a Durasight one piece mount.
I just received the scope yesterday, very happy with first impressions. Should get to shoot this weekend and can't wait!
I would like to say that I am sure there are several great scopes to chose from for $180, I wasn't able to find a local place that carried the others in that price range in order to compare therefore I chose from the scopes I was able to look at in person.

I've owned several Bushnell Elites, both 3200 & 4200 series and they were/are all good, quality scopes. You made a very good decision, IMHO!!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have an old Bushnell Banner that came off a Ruger .243 I took on trade once. When I traded the .243 I kept the scope and have used it for an "extra" for years. In addition to being on the .243, I've had it on a 6.5x55, a 7mm Mag, a 375 H&H and a 450 Marlin. While I'm normally a Leupold man, I have to admit that the old Bushnell has never failed. Many times it goes along on a trip so if a scope is damaged or fails, we have a replacement handy.

They may not be top of the line or really fancy but they do seem to be fairly tough and rugged. Like the old Weavers, they are a pretty good scope for the money they sell for.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use Burris at the "Signature Select" level (they have discontinued that particular model and the few remaining in the market are selling for even less than I paid for mine).

Every time I look through someone else's scope I am very pleased I have Burris - especially for the money !
Old 12-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

The words Walmart and scopes should not be used together.