Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Warning regarding Warne scope rings and mounts >

Warning regarding Warne scope rings and mounts

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Warning regarding Warne scope rings and mounts

Old 09-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Warning regarding Warne scope rings and mounts

I was speaking with one of my guys at Warne Scope Mounts, and something came up that concerns me, and I wanted to put the word out here so you guys are aware.

There has been an increase in some online sellers passing off broken, used, and knockoff product being sold under the Warne brand as new, genuine product. Usually it's guys with an eBay/Amazon/Gunbroker account and no website, email, or phone number for customer service. They aren't dealers, but they somehow find a way to circumvent that and go through distributors.

My concern is that price shoppers go with some unknown seller (usually suspiciously cheaper than legitimate dealers), end up getting ripped off, then have to go through the hassle of getting a replacement from Warne. It makes Warne look bad and puts a bad taste in everybody's mouth.

First of all, I know a lot of guys here use Warne, and they can back me up - Warne scope rings and bases are good stuff. And the company is very helpful, great bunch of guys to deal with. It's disappointing that something like this might affect their business.

Second, we're a factory-direct Warne dealer. Every piece of Warne inventory we have for sale comes straight from Tualatin, OR. I've sold quite a bit of Warne since I started dealing with them, and literally every single customer has been pleased - I've taken zero Warne returns. The product speaks for itself.

So there you have it. If anybody says they got something Warne that doesn't look or perform quite right, chances are they got a knockoff or a used/broken item. Be aware of it and don't get duped!

Here's a list of factory direct dealers: http://warnescopemounts.com/distributors/

Last edited by OpticsCamp; 09-13-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Spike

Default Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. Warne is all I use. I will buy only from reputable dealers.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the warning. Talley and Warne are my favorite mounts.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Knock offs are becoming a bigger and bigger and bigger problem for a lot of different products here in the US . You definitely have to live by the old adage "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't!".
Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

yup, they been sellin chinese made knockoffs of loopy mark 4's for 400 bucks or so for years.
RR