Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
First Scope Suggestions >

First Scope Suggestions

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

First Scope Suggestions

Old 12-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take a look at as many as you can. The Burris Fullfield II is a good scope (I have 3 of them). Another good one is the Burris ShortMag. I also like the Nikon Prostaff. A great scope for the money. And I like the circles in the Nikon ballistic reticle over the dots on the Burris. Redfield is now owned by Leupold and their scopes go through the same impact testing as the Leupolds.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Spike

So yet another question after sifting through review after review on these rifle scopes.

Found a "Sightron 6x42 SII Big Sky Riflescope" for $179, and every where else it is a $400-500 scope. Would this be comparable to the Zeiss Conquest?

Only concern I have with this is the fact that it is a 6 power scope. Would this be too much magnification for you guys when out hunting deer and elk?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

The Sightron Big Sky is as good if not better than the conquest. never herd of the scope being that cheap, Now where do i find that scope again. LOL
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Spike

Well I went ahead and ordered the Big Sky scope....

Here is the link if anyone else is interested, they have a lot of Sightrons on sale!

http://www.opticstalk.com/sightron-c...tml?FID=2&PR=3
Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Good for you and I hope you let everyone know how much you like it. You are about to own one of the best scopes out there. enjoy.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 700guy
Well I went ahead and ordered the Big Sky scope....

Here is the link if anyone else is interested, they have a lot of Sightrons on sale!

http://www.opticstalk.com/sightron-c...tml?FID=2&PR=3
Good job Sir. That is a fine scope.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just gonna say, look at Sightrons. They are amazing. I own Leopolds and Sightrons...and honestly, there is not any difference to me (other then the cost). Heck I've got an S1 3x9x40 on one of my ML's...I love that scope. Crystal clear, great eye relief, and rock solid through alot of heavy hitting ML loads. Best part is they are under $150 regularly....and on sale with a killer price right now. The Big Sky is that much better. You will love them! Give a report once you get it!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Additionally, the Big Sky scopes have a hydrophobic lens coating that is an added bonus...IMO.