Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
laser bore sighting for 336 >

laser bore sighting for 336

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

laser bore sighting for 336

Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Spike

Default laser bore sighting for 336

i have brought it down to 2 different leaser boresights, the NC Star TLZ Series and the Firefield 30-30 Laser,i was woundering what people thought about these?
Old 11-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Naw, I just used

a big orange vase from the neighbor to sight in a 336. Probably a lost art though.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
a big orange vase from the neighbor to sight in a 336. Probably a lost art though.
lmao

VERY effective but I doubt a majority of the kids on this site have a clue what you're talking about!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hanson423
i have brought it down to 2 different leaser boresights, the NC Star TLZ Series and the Firefield 30-30 Laser,i was woundering what people thought about these?
An okie from muskogee,lol. Used to live in the sooner state myself. Honestly, I never felt the need to buy a laser boresighter. Its really not something you need, and I think some people think it replaces practicing, the halmark of a good marksman. All you need, to boresight your rifle, for a scope, is to remove the bolt, something you should be doing on that rifle to clean it anyways. Using a gunvise, or sandbag, or something similar, secure it, while pointing dowards an object on the other side of the room. Look from the breech of the gun, into the bore, and get that object centered in the barrel. Now adjust your scope so that the recticle is centered on it. Re-assemble, and go to the range, and with a couple of shots at 50yds, you'll know how far off you are. The rest, you already know what to do.