Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Help with picks.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Spike

Default Help with picks.

I am looking to buy a new scope for my ruger m77 mark11 .300 win mag. I have a budget close to 1000 dollars. I would like to get a ballistic turret so i can change on the fly. A couple scope i have been looking at are the vortex pst, ziess conquest, swarovski z3, leupold, and the huskemaw. I guess my real question is the vortex up there with the swarovski or ziess or should I just spend a couple hundred more.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can vouch first hand only for the Swarovski Z3 and the Ziess Conquest. I have a Z3 on a 308 Win. and one on a 338 Win. Mag. The Conquest is on a 50 cal. CVA Muzzle Loader. The 308 WIn. and 50 cal. ML have been shot hump-teen times (ever how many that is). The 338 Win. .... probably about 120 times. I have had no issues with these holding zero. In my opinion, both the Z3 and the Conquest are more than adequate as far as clarity and definition. I would put the Z3 ahead of the Conquest for extreme low light performance, but not by much. Neither of mine have a "ballistic turret".
Old 05-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

swarovski z3, if I had that kind of dough !
Old 06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd suggest looking at the new Leupy 2-12 V-6 with CDS. On your list, the only one I have not played with is the Husky. The others are all very nice choices.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sheridan
swarovski z3, if I had that kind of dough !
agree 100%. Leopold would be my second choice.