Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Leupold FX-II 2.5x28mm scout for marlin 336SS? >

Leupold FX-II 2.5x28mm scout for marlin 336SS?

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Leupold FX-II 2.5x28mm scout for marlin 336SS?

Old 06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Spike

Default Leupold FX-II 2.5x28mm scout for marlin 336SS?

Well i judt got me a new Marlin 336SS for deer hunting in NC. Now I need a good scope that also will match the color of the stainless steel of the rifle. I saw the leupold and it looks nice but how does it perform? Any other good scopes also in silver or ss color? Is this a good scope? Seems is an old model but not sure. Any help will he appereciated.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The optics of the FX-II are in the "mid-range" of Leupold's scopes. Not their best, but plenty adequate. As far as holding up in the field, I have 2 1990's vintage Leupold Vari-X III scopes and each has done just fine. Both are still in service.

A 2.5 in my book is an excellent choice for being able to pick up moving game quickly and great for making kill shots in the typical southern woods' ranges ... 100 yards or less .... and is certainly adequate distances out to the 200 yard range. I don't think you will go wrong with the FX-II.