Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Tasco scope?

Old 08-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Spike

Default Tasco scope?

I have a ? I hope someone can help me with. I have a pre 2002 Tasco Worldclass 50(3X9X50). The scopes elevation cap comes off for adjustments but not the windage cap. The turret/knob clicks both clockwise and counter clockwise like it's working. I have not mounted it on a rifle to know if it is actually working or not. I contacted Tasco but they had no available info on such an aged scope. I can't remember the cap not coming off. So if any out there has any info on a scope of this make, age and type please give some info. Thanks, leeman
Old 08-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got one and both turrets have caps that will come off and it has 1 click per 1/4" at 100 yards adjustments! I assume you mean that you just can't get the windage cap off and not that it doesn't have one?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-22-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Spike

That's what I meant TopGun the cap won't come off. I thought when I was using it regularly it did. Maybe grits or something is in the threads. Thanks, leeman.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just put a decent cloth around it and open a pair of pliers up to grip it solid with the inner circular part of the pliers. That way you shouldn't have to bear down a lot so you won't scratch it and I'll bet it will come off. Then you can clean the threads up with a tad of light oil and toothbrush.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-22-2011 at 07:16 PM.