Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
BlackHawk Scopes, whatcha know bout them? >

BlackHawk Scopes, whatcha know bout them?

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

BlackHawk Scopes, whatcha know bout them?

Old 08-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BlackHawk Scopes, whatcha know bout them?

Was lookn for new glass for my new rifle and saw the BlackHawk Tactical scopes and was wanting to know what everyone else knew bout them.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Barska..... ??
Old 08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know very little. However, given that ATK owns both Blackhawk! and Weaver, I would suspect that these optics are more likely a rebadged Weaver than they'd be from Barska. You may want to compare these with the Weaver Tactical line - I suspect you'll find some similarities...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by homers brother
I know very little. However, given that ATK owns both Blackhawk! and Weaver, I would suspect that these optics are more likely a rebadged Weaver than they'd be from Barska. You may want to compare these with the Weaver Tactical line - I suspect you'll find some similarities...
I know that leupold bought out Weaver and with that in mind, it is a revamped Leupold. I have several Leupolds and love them. So thats good enough for me. i just saw that other day on Outdoor channel the CEO of ATk was using a Sako .416 to take Cape and lions and had a Weaver glass on his rifle. Tells me a story as well. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SecondChance
I know that leupold bought out Weaver and with that in mind, it is a revamped Leupold. I have several Leupolds and love them. So thats good enough for me. i just saw that other day on Outdoor channel the CEO of ATk was using a Sako .416 to take Cape and lions and had a Weaver glass on his rifle. Tells me a story as well. Thanks.
im looking at the back of my 2011 weaver catalogue and it still says ATK on the back. you may be thinking of redfield, which at one time was owned by the same company that owned weaver and simmons before atk/bop/leup bought the bands from the old group
Old 08-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that leupold bought out Weaver and with that in mind, it is a revamped Leupold.
Now that I've scrounged through the specs on the Weavers and the Blackhawk!s and compared them to the Leupolds, I would have to differ with the above statement.

The Leupolds aren't even in the same power range (which I already knew).

The Weaver and Blackhawk! models are, oddly enough, identical in terms of FOV, ER, power ranges, objective size, length, and weight. I'd have to say that if the Blackhawk! is anything, it's a revamped Weaver.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know that leupold bought out Weaver.
I'm pretty sure you have Weaver confused with Redfield here. Leupold bought Redfield, but they don't own Weaver. ATK as said owns Weaver.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=hometheaterman;3838239]I'm pretty sure you have Weaver confused with Redfield here. Leupold bought Redfield, but they don't own Weaver. ATK as said owns Weaver.[/QUOT

This may be also. I just know that if the CEO of ATK trusts a Weaver on his Safari Cape Buffalo hunt on his .416 Rigby and that is the hardest recoiling African rifle out there, thats good enough for me.
If nothing else, when I get done with running my test runs through it and I have a 42 power Leupold Target set back for just said instances, I will know for sure if it can hold up or not. I can compare this scope with my new NightForce scopes at work we just bought last month and go from there as well.

Last edited by SecondChance; 08-24-2011 at 04:07 PM.