Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Leupold Ultimate Slam Questions >

Leupold Ultimate Slam Questions

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Leupold Ultimate Slam Questions

Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 AM
Spike

Default Leupold Ultimate Slam Questions

I haven't been able to put my hands on one of Leupold's Ultimate Slam scopes yet, however, in the pictures it looked like what would normally be the zoom ring is used to set your muzzleloader/shotgun setting (2 pellets vs. 3 pellets, 12 guage vs. 20 guage). If that's the case, once you set up the scope to your gun does that mean you can no longer use the variable power?

Also, it looked like you're supposed to set the center crosshair at 100 yds. If I were to set it at 50 yds (my average shot on a deer) would it mess up the aiming points that are below center? I'll be using it for a shotgun so there's no real point for me to have the center crosshairs setup for 100 yds.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

It has a mark for 50yds, 100yds 150, 200, 250, and 300yds. at about max power, ie 2 pellets, 3 pellets or shotgun setting, those marks will be where your bullet hits.

the 100yd mark will be accurate at low/high/any power, all of the other marks will change with a power change.

If you shoot a deer at less than 100yds, that center cross hair should hit the deer at any power, if over 100yds, you'd want that 7x or 9x, which btw, those 2/3 pellets shotgun setting isn't max power, so it may actually be 8x instead of 9x. At a long shot on a deer over 100yds you'd want max power, for stalking / close shots, low power and that center cross-hair will be fine.

It sounds more complicated than it is.

It's a great scope, I have the 3-9x