Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

red dot

Old 06-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Spike

Default red dot

I had a Bushnell holosight die on one of my turkey guns. It was out of warranty and a discontinued model so they offered me an opportunity to purchase this scope for pretty cheap. I am not familiar with it. Does anyone know anything about it? There is not that many reviews out there from what I've been able to find.
http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/reddot/730001/
Rick

Last edited by FL Panhandler; 06-12-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

I can't give you any info. Be aware that one of the great advantages of a holographic sight is no loss of field of view. Anytime you go to a sight that has a tube, you will lose FOV.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

On a turkey gun I don't think you would have a problem with that red dot scope. I have a Cabela's multi-reticle on my turkey gun and it works just fine. You shoot with both eyes open so FOV shouldn't be a handicap. I like the adjustable dot size feature.
I also currently have a Browning Buckmark sight on my AR rilfe. This is a tiny sight, smaller I believe than the Halosight and has an nice small dot. And it appears to be holding up well. Don't know how well it would hold up to shotgun recoil but there is no limits on the package it comes in. So you might want to give that a look as its only about $50. Don't know what Bushnell's price is to you on their scope.