Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Swift scopes

Old 04-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Since when is Schott glass made in the USA? Only a five year warranty? Everything else on your list is standard these days. No thanks, not for me. If you like / want one, go for it. Good luck.
You may be right that the Made in the USA and Schott glass are 2 distinct and independent claims which are not related to each other. Schott does have a presence in North America but I don't what they make here verses in their Germany factory.
However, even if the Swift glass is German made then that may be even better glass than if it was made in the U.S., which is to the optical benefit of Swift scopes either way.

Last edited by arcticap; 04-12-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
I only use scopes with lifetime warranties.

Buy it once !
The OP asked if Swift was like Tasco or Nikon. If Tasco had a lifetime warranty and Swift didn't then would that mean that Tasco was a better scope than Swift?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Backwoods7
A friend of mine sold a gun and fave it to me. How do i. Tell what kinda swift it is? The redfield ob my 270 isnt that clear so i was gona geta nikon buckmaster but he gave me this one and i was gona try and save somme cash. Should i get the nikon and put this on my 1022 or put this on my 270?
Try it and save some cash. What do you have to lose?
If you don't like it then buy something else.
AFAIK the older Swift scopes were made in Japan and were also very good.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Since when is Schott glass made in the USA? Only a five year warranty? Everything else on your list is standard these days. No thanks, not for me. If you like / want one, go for it. Good luck.
schott makes glass in the usa, mexico and canada in addition to other countries. i know this because i have made tooling for schott's usa and canada grinding factories. i also know that nikon and leica produce glass in the usa for the same reason. the reason so many optics companies have factories in many countries is the demand for eye glasses is great, eye glasses are custom made to the customer and outsourcing would mean extremely long wait times to the end user. so i dont know if these factories produce glass for traditional optics like binos and spotter but i do know for a fact that they (previously mentioned names) produce glass for domestic markets
Old 05-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

i have 4 swift premier rifle scopes. 3-4x12x40 and a 8x32x50 . all my swifts are very clear and just as good as the mid-range nikons. infact i replaced one of them last deer season with a nikon buckmaster and hunted with it for one week then i took it off and remounted the swift,it seemed clearer and the swift has way more field or view then the nikon. all of mine are the older style swifts ,i've not used any of the new ones. oh,last week i shot a crow in the head with my savage 22-250 at 385yds. the swift 8x32 is on that gun.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Backwoods7
Are swift scopes any good? Are they good like a nikon or sucky like a tasco
I am getting here late and have not even read all the replies... but I have had two Swift Premier scopes and the are far closer to Nikon than Tasco.

Swift does offer a lower class scope the 'Reliant' I think that is the name and even that one is way up the ladder from a Tasco.

Just my 2 cents...

But I am getting another one shortly.. a 3x9x40 Premier...
Old 05-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

"i shot a crow in the head with my savage 22-250 at 385yds." srwshooter

That's some good shootin'

How much did you need to dope the wind in order to pull that shot off ?

Last edited by Sheridan; 05-10-2011 at 10:09 AM.