Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

New scope

Old 03-05-2011, 02:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New scope

As I've aged (wiser too I hope) I have tweeked my set-ups a bit. I'd rather have fewer, better than more, lesser. Get my drift? To that end, I've just picked up a new scope for an older Sako 75 rifle. It's a Schmidt & Bender Summit 2.5-10 X 40. WOW, just WOW. It's a real dandy. For anybody out there wanting similar, check these out. They are sweet.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

What gun you puttin it on bugs ?
Old 03-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
What gun you puttin it on bugs ?
Sako 75 30-06.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice, that's a classic set up you have there.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
As I've aged (wiser too I hope) I have tweeked my set-ups a bit. I'd rather have fewer, better than more, lesser. Get my drift? To that end, I've just picked up a new scope for an older Sako 75 rifle. It's a Schmidt & Bender Summit 2.5-10 X 40. WOW, just WOW. It's a real dandy. For anybody out there wanting similar, check these out. They are sweet.
I have heard great things about these scopes.. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay and did you get ut online?
Or locally..
Old 03-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
I have heard great things about these scopes.. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay and did you get ut online?
Or locally..
Jeff, I buy all my scopes @ S.W.F.A. Their prices are good (and they will price match comparables), and their C.S. is top notch. The Summit's list for $1499.00.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I'm getting older too...

fewer/nicer is certainly nicer than lots and junk.

always made me laugh when I'd goto someones place to check out a gun for sale and they have 10-.22's with scopes etc..., probably 30-50 guns just laying around, all junk, the nicest of which is the gun I'm looking at...which isn't very nice.

I'm trying to cover all the bases in as few/nice setups as I can. Sometimes it's hard to thin the herd.

I've always bought nice scopes, nikon, leupold, zeiss, finally bought a swaro, the step up in quality is a no brainer, everything is nicer, period.

Last edited by salukipv1; 03-07-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
I think I'm getting older too...

fewer/nicer is certainly nicer than lots and junk.

always made me laugh when I'd goto someones place to check out a gun for sale and they have 10-.22's with scopes etc..., probably 30-50 guns just laying around, all junk, the nicest of which is the gun I'm looking at...which isn't very nice.

I'm trying to cover all the bases in as few/nice setups as I can. Sometimes it's hard to thin the heard.

I've always bought nice scopes, nikon, leupold, zeiss, finally bought a swaro, the step up in quality is a no brainer, everything is nicer, period.
My sentiments EXACTLY!