Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
longer ER for my Optima?? >

longer ER for my Optima??

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

longer ER for my Optima??

Old 01-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default longer ER for my Optima??

As you may have read a while back, my Banner gave up the ghost and I am fixin' to replace it. With the suggested rail and standard rings, I have trouble getting a 4" eye relief scope back far enough to sight through it comfortably. I have noticed in the pictures of other peoples' Optimas that the scopes are slid ALL the way back as far as they will go.

Most of the scopes I am seeing range from 3.5"-4.1" ER. I think I would be much more comfortable with about 5" but I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

rw
Old 01-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-om...iflescope.html

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-om...atte-camo.html

Nikon Omega has 5" of eye relief.

Last edited by Nimrodder; 01-24-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell Trophy DOA Muzzleloader scopes have 5.2" of eye relief, and they are alot better scope than the Banner. About $170 at Cabelas, but I am sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the links Nimrodder. My best friend has a BDC Omega on his TC Omega and I really like that scope. I am leaning towards the XLT DOA as Fritz1 mentioned due to the fact that Bushnell is offering me a discount on their scopes to replace the one that fell apart (which they aren't covering, grrrr). I'd rather not deal with them anymore, but I have a Trophy XLT on my .223 and like it and I am strapped in the $$$ department so the discount would be nice.

rw
Old 01-26-2011, 04:51 AM
Banned

Thats one thing I hate about the optima is the base arrangement. You can get different bases so you can move back some. Like a weaver base
Old 01-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunt12ga
Thanks for the links Nimrodder. My best friend has a BDC Omega on his TC Omega and I really like that scope. I am leaning towards the XLT DOA as Fritz1 mentioned due to the fact that Bushnell is offering me a discount on their scopes to replace the one that fell apart (which they aren't covering, grrrr). I'd rather not deal with them anymore, but I have a Trophy XLT on my .223 and like it and I am strapped in the $$$ department so the discount would be nice.

rw
I'd buy a Vortex or similar that will cover it when it breaks. I don't understand how Bushnell doesn't have to do something different with their customer service as there are lots of these complaints of them not honoring their warranty. Especially when there are so many other companies like Vortex, Sightron, Leupold, etc that will honor their warranty.

Bushnell makes some decent products, but their customer service is severely lacking.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I'd buy a Vortex or similar that will cover it when it breaks. I don't understand how Bushnell doesn't have to do something different with their customer service as there are lots of these complaints of them not honoring their warranty. Especially when there are so many other companies like Vortex, Sightron, Leupold, etc that will honor their warranty.

Bushnell makes some decent products, but their customer service is severely lacking.
Oh yea, so how many vortex's have you owned and had fixed?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few years ago I bought that Bino/rangefinder combo that bushnell put out. The 9volt battery wire came loose internally, and I couldnt solder it back on, without dissasembleing it, which would have obviously ruined it. So I sent it back to bushy, and in less than a week or so I had a brand new one at my door. I never even filled out a warranty card.

Come to think of it, I dont think Ive ever had a problem with any hunting or shooting related product, being fixed or replaced. Maybe I just been lucky
Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

I talked to Bushnell again and they are going to sell me a new 3-9x40 Trophy XLT DOA 250 for $85. That's what it would have cost to replace the crap Banner that I had on it before. I guess I'll do that for now. I haven't heard anything bad about the XLT's yet.

rw
Old 01-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

EGW SELL A ONE PIECE BASE MOUNT FOR THR OPTIMA PRO MY IS A 2005 MODEL.
I PICK IT UP FROM OPTICPLANEThttp://www.opticsplanet.net/egw-cva-...ount-2476.html
I WILL SAY TO GET THE BASE MOUNT BACK YOU WILL NEED TO DRILL 1 HOLE IN FRONT ON THE LAST HOLE AT THE REAR WILL GIVE 3 HOLD DOWN SCREW(MORE THEN ENOUGH):THE BASE MOUNT REAR WILL END OVER THE HAMMER
WEAVER RINGS AND NO MORE PROBLEMS WITH GETTING ENOUGH EYE RELIEF.I ALSO ADDED SET OF WAVER OFF SET RINGS GIVE ANOTHER 3/4" TO THE REAR

Last edited by lonewolf5348; 01-26-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.