Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Zeiss over Leupold?

Old 02-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

That pretty much sums it up!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scope

I own both and the Zeiss wins handsdown for clarity in low light and overall quality and finish.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Inside a store is the last place you need to check out a scope for clarity and late low light conditions that you normally have while hunting.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Inside a store is the last place you need to check out a scope for clarity and late low light conditions that you normally have while hunting.
Agreed, take them home.Do what you have to, so you can get them home and in the fieldtodo you can to check them out. Put a deposit down, get a demo to try, then return, and get another, compare, check them out for yourself.My local gun shop dealer does this, if he wants to compete with some of these website dealers, well let's face it, he has no choice but to..
Than you talk price.. Never pay sticker price, everything is negotiable in this economy, even website i just purchased 3 my brother bought one so (4 in total,) Zeiss Conquest At the same time, total of each scope after taxes and dollar exchange, (B.C. has a 13% sales tax) each scope cost me $380.00 CND.These things sell for 399.00
American not including Taxes. My Dealer couldn't get that low so I went elsewhere.Wheel and deal they will cave in.. Just don't seem desperate and know when to walk away but be firm on the price and don't waver.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 02-05-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Spike

Just bought a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 for $399.99. Had a $100.00 gift card so I figure I got a good deal. Been using Leupold's a lot with no problems, but change is good.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default Zeiss

I own a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14X44AO & a Leupold 3.5-10X50AO Vari-X III. Having used the Leupold for more than 15 years now I can say that the Zeiss is better. Setting each on 10X & adjusting the objectives for the distance I'm looking the Zeiss wins in clarity, contrast, abberation at the edge of the field of view. Both scopes track well and each hold their zero quite well. The Zeiss is on a custom 280 & the Leupy is on a custom 25-06. For the money you have to spend I would buy the Zeiss. The Leupold is an excellent scope but I think the Zeiss is better. This is my opinion and I know many will disagree. Another nice scope you can find on closeout right now are the Bushnell 4200 series scopes. These are good and I have one on my Rem 700 257 Roberts that is awesome. It will be a little longer and heavier than the Leupold & Zeiss but the optics are very good and I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up at closeout prices. My cousin has had the 2.5-10X40 on this 338 Win Mag for at least 7 years & it has maintained its zero over that period & withstood the recoil without a hiccup. He previously had a Simmons WhiteTail classic that the crosshairs died after about 50 rounds from the 338.