Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Redfield: Anyone have a new one? Review? >

Redfield: Anyone have a new one? Review?

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Redfield: Anyone have a new one? Review?

Old 11-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Redfield: Anyone have a new one? Review?

Glad to see Leupold has taken over Redfield and has brought them back to the market. I have a lot of fond memories with Redfield scopes and would like to put them on a couple rifles. I was wondering if they are still the same quality as the older models or are they just a low end Leupold with a Redfield stamp on them.

Anyone have a new Redfield? What do you think?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you liked Redfield, take a look a Burris;

http://www.chuckhawks.com/overview_burris_optics.htm
Old 11-10-2010, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Sheridan-

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. But I'm only interested in Redfield. The reason is my late grandfather had Redfield scopes on all his rifles and topped my first rifle, a Marlin 336CS 30/30, with a 4X Redfield Tracker 23 years ago. I want to put a Redfield on a my boys first rifle as well basically to just kind of tell a story about my childhood, how this was my grandfather's favorite scope and know he's got the same type setup I have and still use. But if the new Redfields are junk, I'll forget the story and get something else.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I understand..................

I have only heard good reviews on the "new Leupold" Redfields.

Have fun teaching your boys !
Old 11-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The man wants a Redfield

I'll be looking hard at Redfields. Have an old one; pretty long in the tooth. Kept it as a backup; just in case during hunting season. Must be between forty and fifty years old. It was previously owned.

First, it's now made by Leupold. The Redfield company has passed the scene for awhile. Plus, I use one of those Leupold's on a bolt action rifle. Leupold is quality.

Second, I notice many local sporting goods stores, including the big box store now carry the new Redfield.

Third, I like the price and Redfields made nice small scopes for Marlin lever actions. An important sales point then. And my Marlin is now my #2 or #1 deer rifle in the deep woods.

Fourth, I expect to get to see the scope quality in person, at the dealer.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Spike

I put a Revolution 3x9x50 on my Encore, on a Tally 1pc high mount and have had nothing but good things to say about it. The clicks are a little mushy but they work fine. I have had nothing but compliments from people who have looked through it, about how bright it is. Also i got the accurange reticle and alot of people like that as well.

Doug
Old 11-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Spike

i have always bought luepold scopes on all my guns. but since i am married now with two kids it is getting hard to buy a luepold. i bought a redfield 2-7X33mm scope for my marlin 336 chambered in 35rem. clarity is great eye relief is great and that what i like most is that early light and the last light of the day i can see clearly. yes it is not a luepold but for the price it beats some of these $200 scopes out there.
if i cannot afford another leupold it will be another redfield. i do think they are a luepold scope with the redfield name on it. btw it did not fog up in the rain
Old 11-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Spike

Default Same story here...

I would agree with the previous posters in saying the new Redfield works well. I have two. One is a 3x9 and the other is a 2x7. The 3x9 is mounted on my 270 T/C and the 2x7 is on my Marlin 39A .22

They both perform as expected, and I really don't see much difference between them and the three Nikons I have mounted on my other rifles.

I just replaced a 1960 model year Redfield 4 power on my Marlin 336C with a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9 and I'm considering swapping the Nikon with one of the Redfields to put the rifle combo back as it was when my father presented me with the rifle back when.

Can't beat the price. I feel I got more than I paid for.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I installed a new Redfield a few weeks ago for a neighbor.....it was marvelously sharp and clear. I liked it a lot!

Can't tell you how it stands up to the shooting....but he hasn't come back.

Personally, I'd buy one based on the one I saw.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy of mine bought one and put it on his Winchester 270. I took a peek through it and was impressed. I will be looking at Redfield this coming year to put on my 6.5X55 Swede.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.