Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
What scope is right for me >

What scope is right for me

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

What scope is right for me

Old 01-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Spike

just remember you get what you pay for especially when it comes to optics.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bloodsaw
ok whats a good scope ( clear and very bright in low light ) for under 150, or is there one? i currently have a bushnell scope that came on my gun, and its pretty cheap, i can see better in low light with my eyes than with the scope, in daylight it does the job fine tho

ALSO if possible i was it to zoom to about 12 or so instead of just 9
You have gotten some good advice. I would also offer the following comments;

There are no good 12x scopes in your price range, period, so forget about 12x

You want something "very bright in low light" - that attribute is the holy grail of riflescopes and something people pay big money to get. It can't be had for $150. You will need to pay much more money than that to get truly good low light performance.

I would suggest scaling back your ambition based on your budget and settling for a good used 3X9X40 scope - something on the order of a Bushnell 3200, Burris Fullfield II, Nikon Buckmaster or Prostaff (prefer the buckmaster), or Sightron II. I have all those scopes (except the Sightron II) and they are very servicable, rugged, clear riflescopes that have performed flawlessly. Are they the brightest, clearest, best low-light scopes out there - certainly not. They represent what I can afford in a good, reliable, "middle-class" riflescope.