Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

simmons scopes

Old 05-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: simmons scopes

Short version ... I will not buy a Simmons brand optics.I have owned only 3 of Simmons brand scopes. I own none now.These cost me from aobut $125 to about $275.Junk !!! Did not hold up in the field, and the low light performance was terrible.

Several years ago, my wife bought me aSimmons compact bino (8x25mm) for me to use during archery. This bino cost about $80. It was truly pitiful.It has been so long since I used these that I can't even tell you where it is right now. Don't tell her. I haven't !!!

Old 06-01-2009, 02:38 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Not all Simmons scopes are the same.

I would not classify the Simmons Aetec Master Series as 'junk' like many seem to feel all of the Simmons are. The Aetec Master Series may not be the best scope money can buy, but it's a really good value forthe cost.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Aetec is the only Simmons that is worth a damn. That being said I still wouldn't buy one.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:09 PM
c j
Typical Buck

To each his own. I've had some that came in 'package deals' on 22's, etc. and they're nothing to get excited about.

<----- My 25-06 wears an Aetec Master Series, though, and I'd trust that rig implicitly. I also prefer it over Leupolds & Burris models costing twice as much or more. But that's just how I see it. Opinions vary.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:00 PM
c j
Typical Buck

I'm not going to argue with someone who says they want something better. To each his own. I don't feel like spending a house payment on a scope. Maybe some do.

I dispute the claim, though, that there are 'far more reliable and better performing optics for the same price'. Nothing I've seen in the same price range of the Aetec M.S. clearly stands out above & beyond it, either in reliability or optics. Anything I've seen that clearly outperforms them also costs significantly more.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Spike

Default Dollars

The Aetec is a good scope the Whitetail is much cheaper. It all boils down to the old addage that you get what you pay for.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you're a fan of Weaver Scopes take a look at Burris

FYI
http://www.chuckhawks.com/overview_burris_optics.htm
Old 11-18-2009, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had one, a Whitetail Classic, several years ago. It was ok for a young hunter that couldn't afford a better quality scope. My problem with it was later in the afternoon I could see a deer clearly with my naked eye, yet couldn't see the deer plainly thru the scope. I won't buy another Simmons product.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know this post is old but I will throw my 2 cents in anyway. The only Simmons I've owned is one I have on a .22. It wasn't a expensive one. I think it was the Deerfield line in 3x9x32mm. It's about 5 years old. Now since it's on a .22 it doesn't have to deal with recoil much however, it's been dropped, banged around, and just had a fairly rough life for a scope. It was the first scope I had and I got it long before I knew to not be rough on scopes. It's scratched up some but has always held zero and shoots great. I will admit it's not as clear as some other scopes I've used since like the Burris Fullfield II however, it's clear enough that it works fine especially for the price. As the above poster said it isn't that great in low light. Then again I'm not shooting at night so that doesn't bother me. Seems like a great scope to me so far however, I'm not sure if I just got lucky and got a good one or not. I've got a few friends that use Simmons and all seem to like them too but I don't know if anyone of them have ever had one fail.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't spend another dime on a Simmons product. I have owned 4 Simmons scopes with 3 failures. The only one that didn't fail I didn't even try to use. I had 2 of there 8-point scopes 1 had a piece of the glass fall sidways in it the other left before I even tried it. I have 2 of there Aetec Master Series scopes laying in a box of old hunting junk. I spent around $200 on each and both are JUNK! One won't adjust and the other won't hold zero on a .22. I will use iron sights before I trust a Simmons scope. For $200 you can buy a Burris FFII and not have to worry about it when you pull the trigger.

Quick Reply: simmons scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.