HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - simmons scopes
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 05:15 AM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

I know this post is old but I will throw my 2 cents in anyway. The only Simmons I've owned is one I have on a .22. It wasn't a expensive one. I think it was the Deerfield line in 3x9x32mm. It's about 5 years old. Now since it's on a .22 it doesn't have to deal with recoil much however, it's been dropped, banged around, and just had a fairly rough life for a scope. It was the first scope I had and I got it long before I knew to not be rough on scopes. It's scratched up some but has always held zero and shoots great. I will admit it's not as clear as some other scopes I've used since like the Burris Fullfield II however, it's clear enough that it works fine especially for the price. As the above poster said it isn't that great in low light. Then again I'm not shooting at night so that doesn't bother me. Seems like a great scope to me so far however, I'm not sure if I just got lucky and got a good one or not. I've got a few friends that use Simmons and all seem to like them too but I don't know if anyone of them have ever had one fail.