Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Your first trip

Old 04-11-2003, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Your first trip

Ok where are all the old and young salts? Granted salt water hasent started yet but it will bust wide open soon. the question is what is one of your planned early season trips. lets say now through Memorial day. I went for Memorial day because its not my firsy trip but usually the most productive early trip. I head up th Cape Cod and fish Buzzards Bay with my wife. This year Friday through Monday. Every year we smash the fluke 18" and up, Seabass 16" and up and porgies 16" and up, these are my personnel size limits or we ould fill up the boat an freezer in one weekend. Now its not all that easy but it has been very good in the past. If you are in the Buzzards bay area near the West Canal let me know and we can trade secrets.

One Shot One Kill Striper Phil
Old 04-11-2003, 08:07 AM
Spike

Default RE: Your first trip

Hey Phil,I fish the west end and Falmouth area quite a bit all season,,but not for the fish your after,I fish mainly for stripers.Your fishin some great water there,,,good luck this season.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:28 PM

Hey Phil,

Couple of guys from the club went out Sunday and pounded the Hamburg Cove, cuaght over 30 Smallish (12 to 24" ) Strippers. They had started out looking for white perch, had a better day I think
Old 04-23-2003, 03:26 AM
Typical Buck

Hit the schoolies big time at the Millstone Outfall. Every cast fishing for 16 - 21 inch fish. Fished fly yesterday in the sprinkles and had a dozen in an hour.

One Shot One Kill Striper Phil