Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
 No driving on NC Beaches? >

No driving on NC Beaches?

Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

No driving on NC Beaches?

Old 09-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default No driving on NC Beaches?

I was just told this week that may become a reality. It's suppose to be in the Saltwater mag this month. Seems back in June some idiot was driving recklously out on the beach and some judge was there fishing. He got to looking into the laws and determined there was really no regulations for the beach. That's BS because you can still get cited for recklous driving out there. Anyway, there is supposedly a bill now in the NC general Assembly to close the beaches to vehicles until regulations are passed. I'm very concerned that if they close them, they will never open them again. Anyone who travels down to the outer banks knows driving out on the beach is one of the biggest attraction for family outings and friends.

I will try to look into this more but it will take everyone's help to head this off.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No driving on NC Beaches?

In Texas the same laws apply on the beach as they do on the street. I was stopped for not wearing a seatbelt driving down the beach. Though they usually don't bother with you unless you are driving reckless. The problem is most places have too many laws already and if they wouldjust use a little common sense it would be a lot better.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks. How are you suppose to fish the outterbanks? I've ferried over to Ockracoke from Cedar Island a many a time fishing for reds and blues. I think the people of the Outterbanks need to speak up.
Give me a freakin break. [:@]

Bobby
Old 10-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I have not heard of anything further on this. I plan on fishing next month and will let you know what I find. Last thing I want is walking over the dunes to fish.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:13 PM

They can't close down the northern beaches to driving in Corolla/Carova because there are houses and a fire department up there. I don't see how they could pass something that completely eliminate driving on the beaches because of this. They could, however, shut down OI and places down south.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that it is still perfectly legal on Carolina Beach and they made a killing off of the parking permits this year. Ecspecially on the Fourth of July.