Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Saltwater Fishing
 Anyone fish Tx coast? >

Anyone fish Tx coast?

Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

Anyone fish Tx coast?

Old 03-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone fish Tx coast?

Anyone here fish Tx coast? I have fished for years off of Freeport, Surf fished in Matagorda, and fished Tx city dike. Some of bets red and specks on Tx coast. Show some pics of stuff you have caught there.My biggest fish at Freeport was a 365#Bull shark, biggets at Matagorda was 6 1/2 ft. Tiger shark and biggest at Tx city, was 35# red.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Anyone fish Tx coast?

Back in 1959 I was stationed in Corpus Christi on a USCG intercoastal waterwayBouy Tender. I have fish all those places you mentioned plus Padre Island, Port O'Connerand the Kings Ranch waterway.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I have fished O' Connor a while back, while working doen that way. ALso tried Padre one year on vacation, but havent tried the King ranch waterway. What did you get there?
Old 03-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Icetrey

but havent tried the King ranch waterway. What did you get there?
100's of Flounders.Oh, forgot to mention MatanzasBay,Port Isabel and Brownsville!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I fish the Rockport area a lot during the summer. I park a travel trailer there duing the summer and try and make it every weekend. Lots of reds and specks mainly. Last summer we ventured outside the jetties into the gulf. We hooked up on a lot of big fish but only managed to land one king and a jack fish. We were undergunned. Going to try it again this year with better equipment. We fought one fish for 45 minutes and finally broke off. we chased it around in the boat, dont know what it was.
I fish a lot of live bait, croakers and piggies and live shrimp. We caught a few blacktips last year in the bay and a boatload of gaftop..
Heres one trip with my brother in law, he fishes their a lot too, he has a nice house down there but lives here in san antonio. this pic is of some trout and reds. this was last year also

Old 04-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

I fish a lot of live bait, croakers and piggies and live shrimp.
Piggies? Do you mean pogies?
Old 04-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have two types of perch we fish, Piggie perch andPin perch.The piggies do a lot of croaking which make them a better bait, in my opinion
Old 04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I fish the Rockport area a lot during the summer. I park a travel trailer there duing the summer and try and make it every weekend. Lots of reds and specks mainly. Last summer we ventured outside the jetties into the gulf. We hooked up on a lot of big fish but only managed to land one king and a jack fish. We were undergunned. Going to try it again this year with better equipment. We fought one fish for 45 minutes and finally broke off. we chased it around in the boat, dont know what it was.
I fish a lot of live bait, croakers and piggies and live shrimp. We caught a few blacktips last year in the bay and a boatload of gaftop..
Heres one trip with my brother in law, he fishes their a lot too, he has a nice house down there but lives here in san antonio. this pic is of some trout and reds. this was last year also

Nice Mess, Z....Very Good!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Nice mess of red and specks. On the inshore of most of texas coast red and speck are very where Ive never fished rockport but my brother has and brought several good red back but no keeper speck
Old 07-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

We go every year the second week of September to Port Aransas for the redfish run. We book everything a year in advance and rent a 3 story beach house to stay in. It is a blast. You hook a 28" red on a little spinning reel in shallow water and watch it run. We have been going now for 5 years and usually we end up with at least one lady gonig as well. There are at least 8 people every year everybody spilts the costs evenly.

Quick Reply: Anyone fish Tx coast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.