Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

When and Where

Old 08-01-2005, 05:37 AM

Default When and Where

Hey Guys, I just had a moving weekend with my father he is getting older early 70's and I guess at that age you start thinking differently than you once did.But my brother and I drove down to see him yesterday and I could tell he was happy to see us both. In the middle of our stay he looked at me and said let's go fishing! This is from the guy that had me wading the streams at 5 and shooting squirrels at 7 I could tell he wanted to share some time together and his dream has always been to Deep Sea Fish. So my Brother and I decided on the drive back to treat him to some real deep sea fishing (Tuna). I myself have only been out twice so I am not familiar with times and charters. I live in Va. but know that The Outer Banks in NC is the place to go around here. s The rideto the Gulf Stream is not as farthere and the fishing I have heard is best. But What about October is this a good time to hook up with some descent Tuna? any Charter recommendations? Thanks
Old 08-02-2005, 08:39 AM

Default RE: When and Where

I'm going down there Labor Day weekend (Oregon Inlet) and will let you know how it goes.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:35 AM

I went out of hatteras inlet. I used a guy named Mark Komenda. Bushwacker fishing. His website is www.bushwackerfishing.com

You can also check out www.teachslair.com

thats a marina with charter vessels as well.

Good luck.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in VA too. If you're interested in staying a little closer, Ocean City Fishing Center and OC Fisherman's Marina are great. We're tuna fishing this Sunday on the Always Late w/ Capt. Larry Richardson. I'll let you know how it goes. Website: http://www.alwayslatesportfishing.com/Fishing.htm

I've been w/ Capt. Luke Blume of the Press Time and he is 2nd to none. Here's the website:
http://www.presstimefishing.com/About%20PTfishing/About.html
Old 08-08-2005, 12:20 PM

www.coastal-fisherman.com

You can check there for charters. A new issue is published every thursday!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:06 AM

The problem I have heard with OC is the run out can take twice as long as from NC and the boats average $300 more.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:15 PM

its all about 90 mins to two hours
Old 08-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, 60 miles at 30 knots is close to 2 hrs. to get to the gulf stream where we fish. The further south you go, the closer the gulf stream. Tuna charters cost us from $1,500 -$1,750/day for 6 people.

I can't wait, 3 days and counting! I'll post back, hopefully w/ pics!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:23 PM

good luck man
Old 08-15-2005, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

So much for yest. The boat got hit in the slip. Probably from all the boats around w/ the White Marlin Open. We will be rescheduling for sometime hopefully w/in the next week or so. Will keep you all updated...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.