Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
boss system reloading >

boss system reloading

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

boss system reloading

Old 09-04-2002, 07:08 PM
Spike

Default boss system reloading

i have a win. model 70 in 300win mag it has a boss on the end of the barrel.i`ve worked up loads in my 308 down to almost one hole groups at 100yrds (lots of combinations) would like to load up some 180`s for the 300, but was wondering when to bring the boss into play. will probably use this on elk or maybe just shake and bake some whitetails with it, any ideas will be helpfull thanks patience pays
Old 09-07-2002, 04:26 PM

Default RE: boss system reloading

Songdog, apparently none of the handloaders here have a rifle with a boss on it. I have loaded some ammo for a friend who has one and what we did was pick the bullet he wanted to use, and then loaded up one grain at a time to close to max loads with three powders and picked the best shooting one. Then we loaded up 20 rounds of that one and went back and messed with the boss. Good luck.

Old 09-10-2002, 07:35 PM

Default RE: boss system reloading

songdog, I have a 30-06 Browning with the Boss. In finding loads for it, I check several sources for data. I tend to look for loads that are relative fast, use enough powder to fill the case. I try to find loads that are consistant in speed. Then start loading up plenty of ammo. Then at the range I start with the suggested Boss sitting, shoot 5 shots off the bench and adjust the Boss about 1/4 turn. Then repeat until i find the best setting.

Good Luck & Good Hunting