Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Barnes Triple Shock loads. >

Barnes Triple Shock loads.

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Barnes Triple Shock loads.

Old 01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default Barnes Triple Shock loads.

Since Barnes hasn't finished the reloading data for the Triple Shock we as reloaders are left to building the tables. Barnes has stated the start for working up the loads for the Triple Shock is using the X-Bullet data and then working up in .5 grain incriments looking for signs of over preasure. The engineer in me does not like that answer but, if the engineers at Barnes built the T Shock with the three rings to reduce the preasure and act as a coated bullet then there is no reason the T Shock can't be loaded to the velocities of the coated X bullet (XLC). I only desire to get the T Shock to 3200fps and thats not a far stretch from the 3137fps published for RL22. After the 8-9th rifle season I will try loading the T Shock to minumium load and working on accuricy, if I like the results I will start working torwards the 3200fps load I want and see the results.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/faq.php

What load data should I use for the Triple-Shock X-Bullet?
Loading data is being created for the Triple-Shock X-Bullet. Until this data is made available, we suggest you use standard X-Bullet data. In some cases, pressure will be reduced, allowing you to add a couple of grains (in 1/2 grain increments) of powder to the maximum loads listed, while watching carefully for signs of pressure.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:42 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Barnes Triple Shock loads.

For my 300RUM I am shooting 180gr TSX. I was able to go up to 94gr of RL25 with no problems (primers, bolt lift, etc) even though I think data shows 89 being the limit. But I found accuracy at 90gr of RL25. Alot has to do with COL and the caliber being loaded. I would follow thier recommendations. For a load like the 300RUM with >85gr of powder, that number is going to be more than 2gr I would say. But a cartridge like the 308win, I bet that 2gr number is right on or maybe less.

Old 01-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

I would follow the Barnes recommendation to use the X bullet data and not the XLC. PLAY IT SAFE! Barnes also list recommended powders for each caliber in their data. I have use those and found them to be accurate.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

This is their recomendation:

What load data should I use for the Triple-Shock X-Bullet?
Loading data is being created for the Triple-Shock X-Bullet. Until this data is made available, we suggest you use standard X-Bullet data. In some cases, pressure will be reduced, allowing you to add a couple of grains (in 1/2 grain increments) of powder to the maximum loads listed, while watching carefully for signs of pressure.