Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 7mm rem mag with Triple shock (Barnes) >

7mm rem mag with Triple shock (Barnes)

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

7mm rem mag with Triple shock (Barnes)

Old 09-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default 7mm rem mag with Triple shock (Barnes)

I recently purchases a new Remington 700 chamber for 7mm Rem Mag. I really am looking to load up the new TSX from barnes. I was wondering if anyone has loaded this and what powder and how much of it you loaded. I plan on the 140 Gr. for muleys this fall. Any guidance will be appreciated.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:38 PM

Default RE: 7mm rem mag with Triple shock (Barnes)

Hello pahntr. Very bad bullet choice IMHO. Go with the 140 gr Nosler BT with RL22.....you will love this combo and the deer will be very dead. Regards, Rick.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

You would be hard pressed to find a better bullet than the 140gr tsx.They are very accurate in most rifles,expand well even on smaller game,and hold together as well as any bullet available.I will however agree with r-22 for use with this combination.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

I have been told that the new TSX is the greatest revolution to bullet tech in recent history. I chose the 140 Gr. because I believe the other weights up are a bit too heavy for deer. how much rl22 do you all think i should put behind that bullet.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the tsx myself and it has been very impressive both with it's accuracy and it's performance on game.The 140grtsx is a good choice for deer or even elk and moose.As for a powder charge,I don't have your rifle,so I can't tell you what charge will work best in your rifle or even what charge will be safe in your rifle.In the rifle that I loaded the 140gr tsx for,66gr was very safe and produced good velocity,but as I said,this was not your rifle.I would start at around 62gr of r-22 and work up from therewatching for pressure signs.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

My rifle is a Remington 700. all standard for now. any other questions go ahead and post.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Unfortunately all 700 remingtons are not the same and they don't all shoot the same load equally well or develop the same pressure with a given load.The chamber dimensions, internal barrel dimensions,and throat lengths vary enough to make each gun an individual.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry if I seem ignorant, but i am not to savy on reloading. I just want a guide line to start at so I'm not f-ing with it forever. I do have a buddy who is really pretty good with all of this stuff that will help, but any other help is always a good thing.I have always been partial to Remington firearms. I guess I didnt realize how indivdual they really are. Anyways, thanks for the help, and any more is appreciated.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually,all rifles are individuals reguardless of the manufacturer.Some behave very similarly,and some quite different,but the only way to find out what load a rifle likes,is to actuallyshoot different loads in that rifle.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

i guess i see where you are comming from. I will just take the press to the range with me and figure it out then.

Quick Reply: 7mm rem mag with Triple shock (Barnes)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.