Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 UPDATE  ON   SCOPE   ADJUSTMENTS >

UPDATE ON SCOPE ADJUSTMENTS

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

UPDATE ON SCOPE ADJUSTMENTS

Old 09-14-2004, 08:33 PM

Default UPDATE ON SCOPE ADJUSTMENTS

I took my rifle and scope into the gunsmith today to see what he thought. He discovered that my bases were offset. They werent straight on. Problem is the bases came made onto the receiver. It is a Savage 7mm-08. So I brought up the idea of using the Burris Signature Rings with the offset inserts and he agreed that would be the easiest fix for it and would take care of it. He installed them (I think he used the inserts labeled 10 whatever that means.) He then went to bore sight it and it bore sighted with no problems. I went back to the range this evening to zero the scope. After getting it zeroed I used my load that I recently worked up to see the results and they were 3 groups shot at 1". Needless to say I am thrilled. I love the Leupold VX-II. One last thing. In sighting in the scope, I once turned the windage till it ran out of room like the other scope but then saw I needed to come back the other way. Yet I feel like I probably only have about 3 or 4 inches left moving the windage to the right. This is not putting me in the middle of the scopes adjustment, but where it is now I am getting great groups and in the bullseye. What do you think. And thanks for all the help you give to me.
Whitey
Old 09-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UPDATE ON SCOPE ADJUSTMENTS

Your Savage came with integral bases? Or did somebody fabricate bases and solder them on? Never seen factory savage integral bases, or a Ruger-like approach with Savage. Just curious. Wondering why you didn't scrap the bases and start over.