Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
My Little .308 Win >

My Little .308 Win

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

My Little .308 Win

Old 07-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default My Little .308 Win

I have had my scope off my .308 and mounted on a Muzzleloader to test a Muzzleloader Bullet, Today was the day to Put my Scope back on my Little .308 and Dial it back in, I had forgotten what all adjustments i had made to the Scope? It was a COMPLETE Start over deal, Plus these Rings were New as well (Steel, Leupold Mark 4s) My first shot was WAY left and not even on the Target, I made a BIG adjustment which Luckily got me SUPER Close, then i Fine tuned my Way to where i need/want to be. It is a LOT of fun to shoot a Rifle this Accurate, These are my Handloads Of course, I RARELY shoot a Factory shell, i can make Better.

My Rifle, and Target ahead

After 5-6 Shots getting dialed in, I settled in and shot a 3 Shot Group, i was holding for center of Black Square, i like to be 1.5 or so inches high at 100 yards, That puts me dead on at 200, All of my Centerfires run a 200 Yard Zero. Anyway, this is my 3 Shots I have shot this Rifle better, i have a .192 Group on Video, but it wasn’t quite 100 yards. If i shoot over a 1/2” inch at 100 Yards with this particular Rifle, i am Doing something wrong, It shoots that good!

Old 07-03-2019, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Here is another 3 Shot Group with the Rifle above, Same load, everything. This Group is on Video. This Rifle will do this Everytime, as long as i do my part. Nosler Ballistic tips are my ALL time Favorite Bullet, They FLAT OUT Shoot! If i can not get a Rifle to Shoot Nosler BT’s i get nervous about the Gun

Old 07-04-2019, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with that Lewis. Those BTs can shoot. That's a good shooting rifle you got there. I just picked up a box of 140 BTs for to try in my 270 WSM.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

impressive group and rifle, yeah VARGET powder has a great potential in lots of rifle cartridges
Old 07-08-2019, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Lew, looks like that rifle is good to go hunting!
Old 07-12-2019, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

This is 1 of those rifles that is truly a LOT of fun to Shoot, It being a Full 26” Bull Barrel it doesn’t hardly Recoil, And this Bix’NAndy Ball bearing Trigger is UNREAL! By far the best trigger i have EVER felt on ANY Rifle, Nothing else is even Close. I have owned MANY Timney Triggers over the Years, a Few not so great, and a few really good ones, But even the really Good ones are nowhere near the Same league as this Bix. I wish these Bix’NAndy Ball bearing Triggers were an option for Knight Muzzleloaders, i would have already bought 1 for this New Mountaineer