Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
WOW! Oh my my!!!! >

WOW! Oh my my!!!!

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

WOW! Oh my my!!!!

Old 07-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The neighbour is an idiot, and his buddy is mentally retarded if he isn't willing to accept help from someone who has been loading for years. I wouldn't want to be sitting at the next bench at the range when these concoctions are detonated.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by redgreen
The neighbour is an idiot, and his buddy is mentally retarded if he isn't willing to accept help from someone who has been loading for years. I wouldn't want to be sitting at the next bench at the range when these concoctions are detonated.
Mr. RedGreen, please be less wiling to use the term "Retarded" around on public forums. Some people may find this less than distasteful. I for one. My grandson who just turned 4 is mentally challenged due to being born 10 weeks premature. He spent 3-1/2months in Childrens Hospital NIC unit. My wife is a nurse there and saw him everyday. He has a hearing and speech impairment that we are aware of now. He was also born with a hole in his heart and severly underdeveloped lungs. He passed away 2 times before he was 1 month old.
On a less serious note, I agree that I would not be willing to sit amongst someone shooting handgrenades such as these. BUT!! If you did not know his or his buddies loading prowess, you would not know. Both of them truly need to be told and shown the proper way regardless of hurt feelings or not. Beats saying something at the funeral.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Second chance, while I have empathy for your family and your grandson's medical problems, I also have a problem with your request because it affects all of us who post here. I will probably have others disagree with my position, but it is what it is. I am really sick and tired of the word police in our society, don't say this or that because this group or that group may be offended. We have words in our language that mean things and people use those words while expressing themselves. Mental retardation sometimes now refered to as mentally challenged is a real condition, we can't make it go away by not using descriptive words. I see no problem unless the words are being used directly towards or against a person with the condition. Those words were not used against your family member, they were used as a decription of someone who is doing something extremely stupid. Something happens every day that offends me, so what? The expection that people should walk around on egg shells because what they say or do may be offensive to someone is unrealistic. The 1st amendment was included in the counstitution in order for people to be able to say things that are offensive to others. I am sure Red Green doesn't need me to run to his defense, that is not what my post was, you just happened to hit a sore spot.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 07-31-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Words have meanings so it is up to us to use them correctly. Which do you think applies?

Ignorant
lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
"they were ignorant of astronomy"
synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about; More

Retarded
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't need an English lesson, I am pretty adept at the use of our language and the meaning of words in the context they are being used in and this thread has nothing to do with the correct use of a word! My point is I am sick and tired of the word police and the namby pamby attitude of don't say that because someone will be offended. We are becoming a nation of wimps and and afraid of our own shadow for fear someone may be offended because of the word police and accusations of being a hater. As Clark Gable said in Gone with the Wind," frankly my dear I don't give a ", you know the rest!
Old 07-31-2015, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Amen Oldtimr, Amen!!! ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 08-01-2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Warning.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Then as they say over on the 24hrcampfire.

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 08-01-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Rule # 1--1-day suspension
Old 08-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bpd1982
Then as they say over on the 24hrcampfire.

...Deleted by CalHunter...
We're not on 24 Hr. Campfire and your use of those letters back at me to use dirty language is a direct violation of site rule #1 here and has been reported to Administration! Busted Again!!!

Last edited by CalHunter; 08-01-2015 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-02-2015, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why not help your neighbor out and pull a couple bullets for him and weigh the charge on your scale? Sounds to me he is just jammed into the rifling...
Old 08-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Or maybe show him a picture of this guy that wouldn't listen to anyone regarding proper reloading practices. He was lucky it was only his hand when the rifle blew up!
Attached Thumbnails WOW! Oh my my!!!!-image010.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.