Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Anyone loading for 17 Hornet? >

Anyone loading for 17 Hornet?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Anyone loading for 17 Hornet?

Old 12-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone loading for 17 Hornet?

I recently bought a Savage 25 with laminated thumbhole stock in 17 Hornet, and wondering if anyone here has been doing any load workups for that 17. Just got dies, and have most everything needed to get started. Thanks... Pa.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Spike

Default Depends on the powder you have available

Note! Load data below is for the Nosler 20 gr HP

I was lucky to have on hand Accurate 1680 (max load 12.3 grains) and Alliant Power Pro MP-300 (max load 10.0 grains) because I had reloaded with the above powder for the 410 bore--be careful with max loads and cartridges in a hot chamber or cartridges heated up by being left in the sun.

The CZ 527 I use does give a sticky bolt if rounds are boarder-line overpressure. However, the sticky bolt lift is hard to detect in the CZ rifle because the bolt is lifting against a small cartridge.

Both powders give less than MOA (with the Nosler 20 grain hollow point).

I also had great success fire-forming Priv Partizan 22 Hornet brass to 17 Hornet.