Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
getting lube in neck >

getting lube in neck

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

getting lube in neck

Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to mention what all this excess lube would and will do to the primer and powder to be thrown after all this goes on. And all that lube will hold the dust from the tumbler media inside changing the case capacity a tad as well possibly.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks again. I think I will use a q tip and imperial wax.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you lube the inside of the case necks, which is what this post was supposed to be about in the first place, without getting the fluid inside the case body?
You lube the inside of the case necks when you dip the case in the tranny fluid and yes some fluid will get inside the case which is why I run the resized/decapped cases through the tumbler a second time...to dry the cases of any excess tranny fluid.

As I also said it is something I am experimenting with. As in "would this work instead of some other lubricating options?" And I offered it as a suggestion for the OP to consider.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Many years ago I bought a Foster tool which is a box with 4 brushes inside. You put some graphite in the box and shake it then remove the lid to expose the brushes loaded with graphite. Just run the right size brush thru the neck and the inside is lubed with no left over residue to cause problem. When you think the brush has lost all the graphite to coat the neck you can just dip the neck in the graphoite in the shallow part of the box to pick up more.

Al
Old 01-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good Lord I can't believe so many are still using that old school case lube. For the past several years I've been using Hornady One Shot. Sprayed at about a 45* angle on the cases allows it to get inside the case mouth. Turn 180* and repeat. Allow to dry for a couple mins. Cases are thoroughly lubed and case shoulder dimples are eliminated. (Note: you must degrease the inside of your sizing die and spray it with OneShot for initial use.)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

bronko... don"t you get overspray around the area you are working at? Seems to me you would, that's one reason I've stayed away from it.. Curious...
Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Pawildman
bronko... don"t you get overspray around the area you are working at? Seems to me you would, that's one reason I've stayed away from it.. Curious...
Same question here. Seems to me not only would I be wiping off the cases after resizing but I'd have to clean the trays and bench as well. FWIW I use Imperial wax.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

I just recently started using one shot. For years I have used Lee Case Lube, and applied it with my finger tips, and a Q tip in the necks. I now lay my cases on a lube pad, spray them, roll them to the unsprayed side, and spray again. I do make sure I get a little inside the case necks. I have had no problems doing this, and it is so much quicker than before. I don't think I will go back to using the Lee Lube.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

load tray are cheap. I use one solely for the use of One Shot. But even so, the spray does not contaminate powder or primers. And IMO much less messier than the old case lube.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use one shot in a shallow cake pan or pie pan depending on how many I am doing. I am working on a 5 gal bucket of 223 brass now and just bought 2 new cans of one shot to work on this project. I spray them in the pan on the loading table. No mess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.