Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Brass inspection/Safety Concerns >

Brass inspection/Safety Concerns

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Brass inspection/Safety Concerns

Old 12-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

WHATEVER NUMBNUTS! Some people you just can't reach!

That's your self centered opinion anyways!

Again...read what I wrote....I said "I Know of others that have used it" again.... meaning, not something I read or heard but I actually know the people and witnessed. Ya that would mean people who I trust and have trusted in the 30+ years I have been handloading.

You might want to look back at some of the lame advice you have given out in the past...questionable at best! Your not all you think your cracked up to be...anyways!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
7mm, word of advice, BC is well respected for his knoledge of reloading...
As is Ridge Runner...and I'm coming along nicely as well...
I lube necks for two reasons - one (inside), it seems to help keep the delicate surfaces of the bullets unmolested which lends itself to better accuracy, and two, on the exterior when sizing, I do it to help ease the stress on the brass as best I can. As we're all aware, each time we work the brass, it gets more brittle, and then we have to anneal it to keep it going.
In my own experience, Lee dies leave something to be desired in the quality department IMHO.
Sticking a case in the same die twice in a week turns ME off hugely, and yes, proper lubing procedures were used.
31 flavors of Baskin Robbins, right?
Let's ease down and find that respect that this particular forum is noted for.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Spike

I want to say "Thank You" to each of you for your responses. I joined this forum to learn and share. So far, I am glad I did. I have learned over my 50 years that different folks have different ways to accomplish the same task. It is my idea to take the advice from each of you, gain an understanding of it, and incorporate it into what I am doing. I know it will be right because I am detail oriented, and I have an industrial background that gives me fair logic in mechanical settings. Please maintain respect for each other. It is important and we're all shooters.

Merry Christmas and Blessings to All!