Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Pressure signs

Old 05-29-2010, 05:43 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
I understand that.
But how can one generally say .015 off the lands wont cause pressure signs of importance.
If your on the edge of of max pressure anyway, lots of things you can do will put you over. Even going too deep in the case can do it.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
zrex, it is what it is, my 6.5 gibbs loaded with 61 gr of re22, (62 is max) with the 140 berger seated to touch the lands ran 3180 fps and ruined every case, lost the primer pockets from excessive casehead expansion, had the throat lengthened to give the bullet .015 jump, no pressure signs and the MV went to 3340 fps.
What I was referring to was book loads, if your pushing 60K PSI you better know what your doing, some rifles will take it in stride, some won't.
RR
............Yeh..... Right back to yer ATV up agin the log story. Excellent analogy. Go figure. Understand. Just a small point, tho.... If I read decimals & zeros right, the original poster asked about 0.0015 off..??? Guess we all guessed he or she meant 0.015 off.....????? Huh??