Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

40s&w

Old 03-22-2010, 01:39 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Risasi
Not sure what that has to do with an unsupported 40 s&w Glock chamber, but if you're refering to plated vs jacketed bullets, then O.K.

Good thing the thread is about plated bullets, or a person could look silly here.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Good thing the thread is about plated bullets, or a person could look silly here.
However the conversation turned to unsupported chambers, but thank you for pointing out the obvious.

I believe you stemmed the conversation about brass.

Regards,
Ris
Old 03-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have an xdm, and it didnt pass the sand test, after my re-load experience, i have never ran another re-load through any of my guns. maybe if i were doin it myself i might see.

Originally Posted by pnut
This is one of the few reasons I wouldn't own a Glock.
My XDm .40 loves all the reloads I throw at it.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
This is one of the few reasons I wouldn't own a Glock.
My XDm .40 loves all the reloads I throw at it.
So does my Glock. I just don't run maxed out reloads through it.

As for the brass, I probably get around 5 reloadings before I lose them in the grass. I shoot with 3 other guys using G23s and a Kel-Tec 40 carbine, and I'm the only one who reloads. So lots of brass.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:35 AM
bigcountry

However the conversation turned to unsupported chambers, but thank you for pointing out the obvious.

I believe you stemmed the conversation about brass.

Regards,
Ris
Obviously it wasn't obvious to you.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure what that has to do with an unsupported 40 s&w Glock chamber, but if you're refering to plated vs jacketed bullets, then O.K.
The OP is asking about the bullets, not about an unsupported Glock chamber.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

After 4 pages of posts, and a conversation that's gone beyond the topic, people still chime in about the original question. OP had the answer on Post #5. It seems that the holier than thou, high posting count crowd chimes in when they like, followed by those who never bothered to read the thread.

No response needed, as you both bore me.

Regards,
Ris
Old 03-23-2010, 09:23 AM
bigcountry

After 4 pages of posts, and a conversation that's gone beyond the topic, people still chime in about the original question. OP had the answer on Post #5. It seems that the holier than thou, high posting count crowd chimes in when they like, followed by those who never bothered to read the thread.

Regards,
Ris
Nah man, I really dig your elementary gun knowledge on here. I mean what would we do without the likes of vabyrd, 16bore and you relentlessly asking which gun you should buy to go deer hunting. Forums need more guys like you.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Regards,
Ris
Whenever someone starts talking of reloading for a Glock, the chamber issue is completely relevent and typically arises.

You prompted the unsupported chamber discussion by the inferrence that it had no bearing on "normal" loads. It certainly does, if that "normal" load is in a case fired a dozen times.

If you are uncomfortable with your ignorance being educated, you may elect to push back from your keyboard and not make it evident to those that know better. Other people need to understand these things if they are going to reload safely.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Nah man, I really dig your elementary gun knowledge on here. I mean what would we do without the likes of vabyrd, 16bore and you relentlessly asking which gun you should buy to go deer hunting. Forums need more guys like you.
Are knowledgeable enough to make such a recommendation?

Originally Posted by spaniel
Whenever someone starts talking of reloading for a Glock, the chamber issue is completely relevent and typically arises.

You prompted the unsupported chamber discussion by the inferrence that it had no bearing on "normal" loads. It certainly does, if that "normal" load is in a case fired a dozen times.

If you are uncomfortable with your ignorance being educated, you may elect to push back from your keyboard and not make it evident to those that know better. Other people need to understand these things if they are going to reload safely.
I've shot and reloaded more .40's, in more platforms than you could fathom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.