Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

35 whelen...

Old 03-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Frank in the Laurel
Anyone see any of the synthetic stocked ones laying around anywhere? I missed a chance at getting one many moons ago and have been kicking myself about it for a long time..but it is a truely fantasatic cartridge, more than enough gun to take on anything in this state..lots of drive behind those big ole' bullet and lots of tissue manipulation...also that Rem 7600 is fast and furious..I had one in /06 that would shoot as good as any of my Rem 700's and I saw one in the late 60's chambered in .244 Remington that was a sub 1/2 incher!!
PM sent regarding this
Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Talking

Originally Posted by skybuster20ga
hahaha i hope your joking. if that was a serious comment ide keep that little gem to myself in any and all conversations w/ knowledgable gun buffs.
Both are great but the whelen does not suffer from a very short neck and OCL. It can use bullets the 350 can't or if so suffers in doing so. I perfure the whelen over the 350 plain and simple. Even a long bullet does not protrude deep into the case as is the case with the 350 which limits its powder charge. I think you might be the limited knowledged one here. Two of the best bullets out there simply challege the 350 good as it is (225gr AB 250gr PT). 35 Whelen, 358 Win, 35 Rem and no 350rem nor do I want or need one.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TJEN
Both are great but the whelen does not suffer from a very short neck and OCL. It can use bullets the 350 can't or if so suffers in doing so. I perfure the whelen over the 350 plain and simple. Even a long bullet does not protrude deep into the case as is the case with the 350 which limits its powder charge. I think you might be the limited knowledged one here. Two of the best bullets out there simply challege the 350 good as it is (225gr AB 250gr PT). 35 Whelen, 358 Win, 35 Rem and no 350rem nor do I want or need one.
lol i have two 350's and 3 whelens and ive mixed and matched and shot and recovered bullets( from the ballistics buffalo) and there is no differance AT all in either when matching weight for weight of any bullet ive tried and velocity is never more then 20-30fps differance either. thye 350 just does it in a shorter case and chambered in rifles more handy then most whelens....

and fior the record i hvant found that EITHER of my 350s (M7 and 673) to not be able to use any bullts my whelens can....