Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Quick Change SS Presses vs. Standard >

Quick Change SS Presses vs. Standard

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Quick Change SS Presses vs. Standard

Old 02-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lyman T mag 2 turret or the Redding t7 would be my choice with extra turrets. I have the Lyman, I keep the 257 Roberts, 270WSM and 35 Whelen in one turret and a spare for when I load the ones I shoot less often. I also have a Lee 4 hole turret for loading pistol ammo.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...est=latestnews
Old 02-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Banned

It seems the turrets would be the trick, rather than reinventing the wheel everytime when changing operations. It would be a bit of a pisser to get a load perfect, then not be able to duplicate it.....Course until I actually try it, Im just spewing words...
Old 02-09-2010, 08:31 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Cut'em Jack
It seems the turrets would be the trick, rather than reinventing the wheel everytime when changing operations. It would be a bit of a pisser to get a load perfect, then not be able to duplicate it.....Course until I actually try it, Im just spewing words...
Then its a crap load. I too have went down the road of trying to duplicate a shooting session in vain. You want to find a dynamic load. One that can shoot well hot or cold, or one that shoots well with OAL differences of up too .005". This is the reason the ladder method does have merit.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cut'em Jack

Its not nearly that difficult. Once you set up dies and tighten the lock ring you can take them out of a press and put them back in without really changing anything.
I have duplicated many loads for many rifles time after time with no problem.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skb2706
Its not nearly that difficult. Once you set up dies and tighten the lock ring you can take them out of a press and put them back in without really changing anything.
I have duplicated many loads for many rifles time after time with no problem.

.......Absolutely. I also make up dummy rounds for various bullet/seating depth combos as well as trim length. You can reset seating dies nearly dead-on every time, checked with comparators and calipers. I always like to use the same shell holder(s) too. Only bullets I crimp are 45/70 and pistol.