Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Debur/chamfer at the same time tool >

Debur/chamfer at the same time tool

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Debur/chamfer at the same time tool

Old 01-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Debur/chamfer at the same time tool

I'm looking for a deburring and chamfer tool that I can put on my drill and knock out both tasks at once on .223.
Currently I use a RCBS deburring/chamfer tool like this one but I can only put the one end on my drill:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...728&t=11082005

Anyone have one they really like?
I have thousands of rounds of .223 and it would really speed things up.

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can't get both on one side of the tool to do both tasks with a single zip of the drill if that is what you are asking. The reason is that each tool must be tapered and the point at which the inside and outside tapers come together would be only good for one diameter of case neck.

Your best bet is to get a prep station like the trim mate from RCBS. Then you just press on each station and zip zip.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
You can't get both on one side of the tool to do both tasks with a single zip of the drill if that is what you are asking. The reason is that each tool must be tapered and the point at which the inside and outside tapers come together would be only good for one diameter of case neck.

Your best bet is to get a prep station like the trim mate from RCBS. Then you just press on each station and zip zip.

I been pricing the trim mate.
I've been looking for a small motor to fab out my own trim mate but haven't found the right one yet.
Wouldn't be that hard to make if I could get the right small motor.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

RCBS makes one and it's available from Midway. It take some time to set up but once it's set up it works really nice

RCBS Trim Pro Case Trimmer 3-Way Cutter 30 Caliber
Product #: 251948

Average Customer Rating: 5 Stars
Our Price:
$42.99
Old 01-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Spike

I think this Lyman would work for you and your drill. If it is like mine, I was able to thread a machine screw in the back end and after cutting off the pan head it chucks into my cordless drill and works pretty slick. You do have to "re-set" for your different calibers however.

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/c...eburr-tool.php
Old 01-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls

I usually like RCBS products. I also have a Trim Mate and a bunch of accessories, and I don't really like it very much. It leaves lots of brass shavings and powder residue on itself and the bench after use. The solution is to mount the thing on its side over a trash can but I have not done that yet. It was a gift, so it will take up space in my reloading room forever.