Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Accubond, 270wsm and minnesota whitetail >

Accubond, 270wsm and minnesota whitetail

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Accubond, 270wsm and minnesota whitetail

Old 12-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Accubond, 270wsm and minnesota whitetail

Hello, here is my question, I am not looking for an argument here. Here is what I would like some information on, I reload and shoot 130 grain bullets for my 270wsm. I know I will entice an argument about my shot placement, but here goes, I like to shoot deer in the front shoulder, I want a bullet that will penetrate the shoulder and exit the other side ( with good bullet expansion ). I dont want a deer moving from the spot where I hit him. will the accubond do the job from 100yds to 300yds. ( what is the best bullet for me ?)
Old 12-02-2009, 09:56 AM
bigcountry

Best bullet is either A-frames, TBBC, failsafes, or the best is X. Partitions will also get the job done with ease. Ones that might not is gamekings, about anything hornady makes, BT's, etc.

Go with the TSX, you won't be disappointed. I have shot 3 deer with accubonds, and got complete penetration on all, but I can guantee you TSX will laser thru just about any shoulder.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by steviebiggun
Hello, here is my question, I am not looking for an argument here. Here is what I would like some information on, I reload and shoot 130 grain bullets for my 270wsm. I know I will entice an argument about my shot placement, but here goes, I like to shoot deer in the front shoulder, I want a bullet that will penetrate the shoulder and exit the other side ( with good bullet expansion ). I dont want a deer moving from the spot where I hit him. will the accubond do the job from 100yds to 300yds. ( what is the best bullet for me ?)
This year was the first for reloading for my 270wsm and I am very happy with the Nosler 140gr. Accubond behind Accurate Arms Magpro powder. Took a heavy 3 point mule deer at 100yds with full penetration and had a large wound channel.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Push some partitions, watch 'em drop.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:03 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Big Z
Push some partitions, watch 'em drop.
Yea, you ever used em?

Old 12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, pleased so say the least.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

The 270WSM and 140gr Accubond is an extremely good combination. I would feel comfortable taking any NA game(except maybe large bears) with that combination.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Best bullet is either A-frames, TBBC, failsafes, or the best is X. Partitions will also get the job done with ease. Ones that might not is gamekings, about anything hornady makes, BT's, etc.

Go with the TSX, you won't be disappointed. I have shot 3 deer with accubonds, and got complete penetration on all, but I can guantee you TSX will laser thru just about any shoulder.
x2. And as a bonus, I've always had no problem getting very good accuracy from the TSX.

Mike
Old 12-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

I'll second the tsx. The only thing it does not have in spades is ballistic coefficient. So for 300 yards or less, you can't do better, so long as your gun likes them.

The only thing I don't like is the cost, but since I started reloading the price of almost everything has gone up and that is hard to get used to.