Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
On average how much does a box of ammo cost you if you reload it? >

On average how much does a box of ammo cost you if you reload it?

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

On average how much does a box of ammo cost you if you reload it?

Old 10-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default On average how much does a box of ammo cost you if you reload it?

So with Federal Fusion 30-06 ammo that my gun likes around $30 for a box of 20 now it's getting a little expensive to hunt with. I've been considering getting into reloading. On average how much would it cost to reload a box of ammo similar to the above?

Also what about other calibers? I'm just trying to figure out if I'd save enough for it to be worthwhile. Is re loading something hard to learn or is it something I can pick up fairly easily?

One other thing is that my rifle seems super picky with ammo and the Fusion ammo is the only kind I've found it seems to really like accuracy wise. Would it be hard to reload something that it likes accuracy wise or should I be able to reload something just fine?

Also can you reload ammo for pumps and semi automatic's? I've heard some say it's no problem and others tell me that you usually can't do it. So I'm wondering what the truth is.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:22 PM
bigcountry

Well, box of 50 bullets is around 25 dollars. Depends on bullet of course. If you consider brass, its pretty expensive around 20 dollars or more. Here is an very conservative Estimate. If youtook out the price of brass, its considerably lower. Down to 14 dollars.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

In my opinion once you are set up and have your own brass"you saved your own ect" the actual cost is around half the cost of new. And probably half the cost of cheeper new ones, And you end up with very accurate and good quality. It can become a great hobby, that actually saves you money.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Am presently reloading .30-06 with 150 grain Sierra BTSP bullets for 40 cents per round. If i use some of my old stock 150 grain Remington Core Lokt bullets my cost is about 35 cents per round. My cases are once fired range pickups.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:50 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by falcon
Am presently reloading .30-06 with 150 grain Sierra BTSP bullets for 40 cents per round. If i use some of my old stock 150 grain Remington Core Lokt bullets my cost is about 35 cents per round. My cases are once fired range pickups.

Yea, those saudis having you load em ammo now? After you clean thier boots?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Costs me about 8-10 bucks/box for my 7mmRM and 25-06. A basic 30-06 load will set you back about the same.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yea, those saudis having you load em ammo now? After you clean thier boots
You're an insufferable ass here just like you are on the political forum.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:18 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by falcon
You're an insufferable ass here just like you are on the political forum.
Clean them boots real good falcon. They might throw you a bone.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:22 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
to load 100 rounds of 30/06 ammo
1# of powder 26.00 (will load 116 rounds @60 gr. per load)
bullets 26.00
primers 4.95
________
56.95/5= 11.39 per 20

new brass will add approx 5.00-8.00 per box to the cost
RR
What bullets do you use these days RR. Lapua? or matchkings

Old 10-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Clean them boots real good falcon. They might throw you a bone.
Insufferable and doesn't know squat about shooting either. Makes me wonder what the point was of his several thousand posts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.