Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Sierra Gamekings Opinions >

Sierra Gamekings Opinions

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Sierra Gamekings Opinions

Old 06-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sierra Gamekings Opinions

ORIGINAL: statjunk

Checked the price of the interlocks same as the gamekings. Which is the better bullet for accuracy and hunting?

Tom
A relatively large majority of competitive riflemen use Sierra Matchking bullets in competition. Their other bullets are made just as well, but are designed to exand on game, whereas the Matchkings are not.

Hornady Interlock bulletts are very effective on game. Some people think they work better than Sierras as huinting bullets,but I have had some real accuracy problems with them. I have NOT tried their Interbonds. For a bonded bullet, I like Nosler Accubonds.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 PM

Which ever one your rifle likes best will get the job done on game IMHO, I havent shot any game with gamekings but have shot quite a few with interlocks. I would see which one shoots the best and concentrate on placeing one inthe boiler room and fill your freezer.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Inactive

Eld. Stat was asking about "GAMEKINGS" not match kings - unless i missed something .
Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 PM

I find myself shooting a lot of Speer bullets lately. They seem to be no nonsense bullets that perform well on game and are very accurate. I have been shooting them in several calibers.

Price is right too.

They may not have the Ballistics coefficients of some of the Sierra bullets, but they do perform.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: x-mountie

Eld. Stat was asking about "GAMEKINGS" not match kings - unless i missed something .
Sgt. Preston, you didn't miss anything, BUT since the Gamekings, especially the HPBT version,are made in essentially the same way as the Matchkings, one generally can get about the same performance from both types, as far as accuracy is concerned!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have killed a lot of deer over the years with Match Kings, and the Palma Bullet. I hunt with the 155 Palma's in my 300 WSM(currently). Here is a simple question. What would be more effective. a 200 grain Sierra or a 100 grain Barnes(for everyone advocating the 243 as an elk rifle)?? Tom.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:01 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: fariswm

I find myself shooting a lot of Speer bullets lately. They seem to be no nonsense bullets that perform well on game and are very accurate. I have been shooting them in several calibers.

Price is right too.

They may not have the Ballistics coefficients of some of the Sierra bullets, but they do perform.
Speer is one bullet I have not had great luck out of. Only have tried the grandslams and hotcore. But planning on trying some 45-70 400gr in my microgroove. I do use thier pistol bullets however.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:10 AM
DM

When it comes to std. "hunting" bullets, my experience has been that Speer bullets out performed Sierra and Hornady when i used them on big game.

I do NOT care for Gran Slams, and i've found Nosler Partitions to out perform them every time.

DM
Old 06-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Inactive

Eld: How did you know my rank, lol. Sorry i questioned your wisdom.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Only have tried the grandslams and hotcore.

Tried them myself and the accuracy was not there.

Quick Reply: Sierra Gamekings Opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.