Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 RCBS Customer service? >

RCBS Customer service?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

RCBS Customer service?

Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 AM

Default RE: RCBS Customer service?

ORIGINAL: kelbro

ORIGINAL: Pavomesa

I know how you feel about "waiting" BC. None of us can stand much of this when it's got our reloading shut down. Usually if someone tells me to send something back for them to examine, I just throw it away and buy a different brand. I don't wait very well either.
If they ask you to send it back, quite often they are wanting to determine how it let their customer down in hopes of improving quality. Maybe a manufacturing defect, maybe a QC person needing more training, etc...
This is true and I can understand and respect that. I would be happy to send them the offending part back, even at my own expense. But I wish they would reciprocate and send me a good workable part as well so I'm not shut down while they try to figure out who screwed up my equipment and why. I went through this game with Steve Hornady and eventually got a good set of dies from them with his admission that their machinest screwed up. But meanwhile my new pistol was shut down due to no ammo for over a week. I wasn't real happy with Steve and won't buy any more Hornady dies even if the story ultimately had happy ending.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:38 PM
bigcountry

Holy cow, I sent out that sizer on 2/1/08 and got it back yesterday, 2/8/08. I sent it thru the post office from MD to CA, and don't know how they got it back in 8 days with a replacement. Figured sure it would be 3 weeks.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

can't beat that. competition such as it is....i think most of the companies that supply reloading supplies do their best to keep us happy.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:34 PM

I lost a part to my Pro 2000 press, and they replaced it free of charge for the part and shipping. I told her I lost it, and that it wasn't broke, she told me that it had a life time warranty and that they would replace it. I recieved it 2-3 days later.

With service like that, how can you buy anything that isn't green?
Old 02-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

RCBS CS from my perspective has been excellent.Ie recently; Ireceiveda used 505 scale whichthe leveler foot was broken, the scale is several years old I paid nothing for it and expected to pay for thepart but NCand sent to me prepaid (CA to Canada).
Old 02-21-2008, 05:37 PM

i have had really good luck. you will probly have them in a couple days.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

RCBS is top notch for customer service. I am on a first name basis with them. If anyone complains about RCBS, the problem is theirs. If I have a problem with something and call, the problem is resolved instantly, and the replacement is sent out that night.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:12 PM

I have dealt with RCBS for over 41 years and never have had a bad experience with them.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:27 PM

Flute, I think that's long enough we can start to see a "trend" here. I too started with them ages ago on an RCBS Jr. press and have used their dies almost exclusively since, plus getting the A-2 press and later the Rockchucker. NEVER had a bad product from them. The A-2 was my favorite and I hate myself for selling it. I never dreamed they would discontinue it...but it was just too much machine, so they shrank it and thus the Rockchucker was born. The Rockchucker will handle 95% of anything that can be done...so I guess that's good enough.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:03 PM

Same here. I started with a Junior. Not quite as strong as a Rockchucker, but like a sports car compared to a one ton pickup truck. Both go down the road, one is faster and handles better, the other carries a heavier load. I too wish I still had my Junior press.

About 5 years ago I bought an A-4 new in box. It was old stock but was never taken out of the box. It's great for case forming and 50 caliber work.