Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 1lb equals how many grains (approx) >

1lb equals how many grains (approx)

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

1lb equals how many grains (approx)

Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 1lb equals how many grains (approx)

I just built my reloading room but have cabnets to put all the powder,bullets,dies,dies bullets and powder in when I get into it more.if I was in it to shoot cheep Iam already WAY behind .
Old 01-18-2008, 07:38 AM

Ranger,

That cabinet to the left side of the screen is installed incorrectly. The bottom doesn't line up with the bottom of the other cabinet, and it appears to be unlevel. I want this situation rectified immediately, You understand me mister!

OBTW, nice room.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the above posters on not actually "saving" any money by reloading because, as has been stated numerous times, you will shoot more.

I got into reloading recently myself and did the same calculations that you are doing, and yes, your cost per shot will be considerably less than factory ammo. I have been watching for sales and buying seconds bullets, and I have gotten my cost per shot for premium reloaded ammo to about one fourth of what the same quality factory loaded ammo was costing me.

As an example, I am now reloading for a 9.3x62, and my cost per shot when loaded with Nosler 250 gr Accubonds is under a dollar. Factory loaded Nosler Accubonds are nearly $4 per shot.

I was told this and didn't believe it, but reloading is addictive.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

Ranger,

That cabinet to the left side of the screen is installed incorrectly. The bottom doesn't line up with the bottom of the other cabinet, and it appears to be unlevel. I want this situation rectified immediately, You understand me mister!

OBTW, nice room.
Busted.[]..Iam bad..........theyve been there since Ive lived here...But the wife said I could replace them but Iwould rather use that money on dies,bulletsand such ..
Old 01-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a nother pic looking in from my other Man Room.....Now you see why I didnt get to fancy on the man/loading room.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uhhhh.....just kinda curious....what do you put thru that chrony down there?......
Nice setup !!!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot 7-30 Waters and the cheapest factory loads are around $28/box. Not uncommon to see them for $35. I dang sure do save money by reloading. I figure it costs me $6-8.00 depending on bullet selection to load a box.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good ?.....Its set up at 12yrds and I do all my archery testing down there...I used to have about a23yrd shooting lane but with the reloading room it cut me down to twelve....Ive been a avid archer for the last 24 yrs and now I beleave its time to get back into my guns,thus the reason to start reloading.....Its just like I never shot guns before even tho I have afew...
Old 01-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a pic in my loading room...
Old 01-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

"No one who reloads ammunition ever saved a dime."

Probably true in the long run. But if you start off simple, and keep it that way, you can save enough money to shoot more than if using factory loads!! (NOT money to deposit in a savings account, you understand. But enough to buy more powder, primers, bullets and brass! I guess your answer here depends on perspective! I consider anything I didn't spend on factory ammo to be "saved".)

I started off using a Lyman 310 tool in .30/'06, a Pacific powder scale, a box of M2 ball bullets, 100 primers, and a brown paper lunch bag (1 #) of IMR 4895 from B.E. Hodgdon. The whole shooting mess didn't cost me more than $35.00. I used this utfirt for two years before I started "expanding". But of course, since then (1954), I have spent literally thousands on loading tools and bullet making equipment! Back when I was shooting over 1000 rounds of .45 ball per week, I did save a little. But not since then! However, I can make ammo for some pretty exoticrounds nowadays!

Quick Reply: 1lb equals how many grains (approx)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.