Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Room for Reloading and humidity ?.. >

Room for Reloading and humidity ?..

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Room for Reloading and humidity ?..

Old 01-15-2008, 07:55 AM

Default RE: Room for Reloading and humidity ?..

Fine looking man-room.That floor paint is a good way to help keep humidity down .
Old 01-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would Red Guard the brick walls and the floor. I'd then carpet right over the redguard. You can get it at Pro Tile shops in large buckets.

It looks like a really sweet room. I dream of a room like that.

Tom
Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks,
The room temp right now is 60deg and the humidity is at 30%,alittle too dry I think,will have to see as summer comes around and see what happens,right now I put a bucket of water in the room buy the little portable heater,havnt turned the baseboard heat on yet.The block walls are painted with a anti moister(spl)and mold paint and used the same on the floor.....
I just got back from fargo,nd.Went and p/u 30-30/30-06 dies,primers,bullets,powder,tumbler,mounting plates and a chronograph(wanted one for last 15yrs)and some other things.Now just have too wait for the wife to get the 438.00 bill[],thru alittle of my cash in there too,ok I still kept it under a grand for the works.
I will see if I needa humidifier and dehumidifier....

It would be nice to have a decent unfinished basement with a8ft celling not a 7ft like mine but I built with what I had.....And proud of it...
In the 1st pic where you see the streetrod is where there is water problems if it rains hard,it seems the the county/township thought it was a good idea to build up the road 17" in front of my short(15ft) driveway.my house is wedged between a road and the lake....
Once again Thanks
PS
Now some of you will have to deal with me and my ?'s as time goes on....
Old 01-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

It would be nice to have a decent unfinished basement with a8ft celling not a 7ft like mine
No problem. Clear out the room, get a mid grade demo hammer and high end hammer drill. Take up the floor and dig for 26". Move all the plumbing you run into making sure to maintain the proper run for sewage run off, back fill with gravel (4") for drainage, sand(6") for support and then top off with at least 4" of concrete. Put everything back in the room.

Tom
Old 01-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only problem is iam only 18" above high water mark...
Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easy that means you're going to need to dig two sump pumps. The second one is going to be a back up to the first. Super deep of course. Also you're either going to need a closet full of batteries incase the power goes out or a whole house generator. Minor expenses since you saved so much building the room yourself.

Let any of us know if you need any supervisory assistance. LOL.

Tom
Old 01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just need to buy a house on 80 acres and sell the lake house(ya-right)if I could talk the wife into it.I do have a 6500 wat gen incase power goes out....I put a sump pump in the driveway and only dug down about 17" before I hit water......
If Iwould sell, my nxt house would have the fancy trophy(entertainment) room upstairsand a Man cave down stairs........
Now I need to set up the reloading area of the bench.....
Old 01-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck