Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Best Stuff for my money,,,where to get it. >

Best Stuff for my money,,,where to get it.

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Best Stuff for my money,,,where to get it.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Best Stuff for my money,,,where to get it.

This year was my first year shooting a rifle...(have been hunting with shotgun since I was 12, am now 23). Well, the rifle I was shooting is a .300 h&h mangum. And the only shells that I can find in Fargo are 180gr, and run from 43-63 dollars a box for the same federal loads.

I was just wondering if I would be better off with a 150 for deer, or would I be loosing some by switching down to a lighter bullet. Also, what are some of the best powders and things of that nature to get me into reloading. I really want to get the most out of the rifle as I can. The factory loads didn't seem to be too consistent for me. I had a good rest but couldn't get them to group too good at 200 yards. The scope may have played a role (3-5x). I don't know how realistic it is, but I would like to group them at 300 by next hunting season. As far as the gun goes, I want to take it in and get this trigger pulll lightened up a but, and get a better scope on the gun. And of course, reload my own bullets. My dad has some dies for the .300, but I can't remember the brand off hand, I am sure he also has some books on reloading.

Thanks, and sorry for the rambling post.