Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Nosler Acubonds Vs STX >

Nosler Acubonds Vs STX

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Nosler Acubonds Vs STX

Old 10-31-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Nosler Acubonds Vs STX

Which bullet for White tailed deer Nosler Acubonds or BarnesTriple Shock.
My vote is for the Nosler Acubonds. What is Your thoughts.
I use the Acubonds in both My 7 Min Mag and My 7MM-08 in 140 G with great results.
I have been hearing good things about the Barnes Triple Shock bullets.
Your thoughts please. Thanks in advance !!!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:24 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Nosler Acubonds Vs STX

I load accubond for alot of calibers, but I wouldn't use em on deer, unless they are big deer.

I use 140gr BT's for my 7mm08, and use 160gr accurbonds for my 7mmSTW for moose and upcoming elk trip.

I also load TSX for 300win mag and STW, and also would not use this bullet on whitetails.

In my opinion, these are more big game bullets. And personally have seen them work great on moose.

Deer, I still love sierra gamekings and bullistic tips. They expand reliably and usually create a good exit hole.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Fl Still Hunter

I use the Acubonds in both My 7 Min Mag and My 7MM-08 in 140 G with great results.
I agree with bigcountry. Neither is really needed for deer. But, of the two, I would use the Accubond rather than the TSX. The TSX is just too much of a premium, heavy-tough (and costly!!) game bullet to use on something as lightly constructed as any deer smaller than a bull elk or moose.....
Old 11-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flip a coin, they'll both work. Personally I've have better results with the TSX on deer. By that I mean the deer seem to drop on the spot more often with the TSX. Just go with the one that's most accurate in your rifle and you'll be fine.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve used Accubonds for my 7mm-08 for 2 years and last years I was not impressed with the 140 gr. bullet. Shot a small buck at approx. 130 yards quartering towards me. The bullet never exited and had no blood trail. I waited patiently for for this buck to drop. Being that we had no or very little snow it might have been a long day tracking him...
Old 11-07-2007, 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

ORIGINAL: Fl Still Hunter

I agree with bigcountry. Neither is really needed for deer. But, of the two, I would use the Accubond rather than the TSX. The TSX is just too much of a premium, heavy-tough (and costly!!) game bullet to use on something as lightly constructed as any deer smaller than a bull elk or moose.....
I agree with both of you and would add the flat base Sierra Pro Hunter, out performs the boat tails accuracy wise in many rifles. For deer, keep it simple....the Nosler BT also works great.Here is a 150gr Pro Hunter recovered from a 150 pound Missouri doe last year ('06, 52grs IMR 4064 at 140 yards). Regards, Rick.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

We load and use TSX 140 grain .277 bullets on antelope, deer, elk and moose.. I don't think the cost is prohibitive considering you only shoot 1 or 2 or 3 animals a year.. Not exactly needed for the range but certainly worth every penny on game of all sizes. I don't think a bullet can be too tough for a light framed animal like deer or speed goats. The bullet expands, so why risk shrapnel?

From my experience and that of my hunting peers, I love the TSX bullet, what we've recovered has expanded as advertized and the expanded bullet did not fragment.Also thedamage to the aminal was complete andimpressive.. A 140 grain .277 TSX can do some serious damage to the shoulders of a6x6 bull elk from 200 yards.

The majority of us in our hunting group (and extended group) use the 270 with the odd 300 WM. Once one of us started with the TSX, most everybody else is 'standarizing' their ammo to the 140 grain .277 TSX. We all like how it works.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone in our camp has been shooting Triple Shocks at our camp since they came out with great result. Last year we took about 6 deer ranging from 80 pound doe to 212 pound buck. All dropped on the spot with good exit wounds. Before the XXXs, we used regular X bullets exclusively since 1997.

That Pro Hunter didn't exit on a doe? Not cool. What would happen on a big buck that presented a tricky angle?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can't go wrong with a Nosler Partition. Good luck.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Spike

I would vote for the Accubonds, but you should try both and see which shoots the best in your rifle. Either one will do the job, so to me it all depends on how well they shoot.

Jason

Quick Reply: Nosler Acubonds Vs STX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.