Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Ammo going up

Old 07-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ammo going up

Has anybody hear anything about ammo price going up... I have and have been picking up a few box's of my deer loads just in case...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Ammo going up

You bet ya. Brass and copper has doubled in price per a lb spot price. Gas has doubled in the past 3 years. I know I am paying alot for 223 ammo right now. I got a deal of 1400 pieces of M193 ammo for 300 dollars, and was very pleased. I had people tell me they would pay half that a few years ago. Get used to it. Its not getting better.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Its because of all the ammo being shipped to our boys in Iraq. They are using alot of powder so were paying.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:05 PM

I could get 25-06 ammunition for 13 bucks a box a couple years ago. Now the same stuff is $23 a box! Thanks to reloading, I can still afford to shoot centerfire.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lead has went from $.35 a pound to $1.35 a pound on the spot market. IMO it will go higher. Get ready for ammo to go through the roof. Tom.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep again.Allways good to havea littleextra on hand & to beat inflationary & market price increases & shortages etc

.................................................. .................................................. ...................
I remember not to long ago someppls in the middle east strongly complaining to the (US) goverment that some of the 5.56mm/223. being used by our military was being subcontracted out( by winchester etc) & made by Jews in Israel.

Knowing how keen my goverment is on public relations,& wining "there "hearts& minds& not wanting to "offend" anyone -.........

I guess id have to call Win or the goverment& ask what action they took on that one?
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Im thinking of recyclying lead

Old 07-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope nobody gets mad at me about this. I know everyone is blaming China for the increased price for lead. The problem is that it is us(Good Old USA) buying their product's!! IMO there is some irony there, I am just not sure where. Tom.[/align]
Old 07-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whats to get mad about? not me-Not at all - i injoy hearing other ppls opinions& thoughts on these various subjects....Tho i may not always agree on some things with everyone- thats ok - or even understand fully whats being said. sometimes......Why have lead prices increased because of the chinese?( there various other goods- besides ammo being sold?)

I hope nobody gets mad at me about this. I know everyone is blaming China for the increased price for lead. The problem is that it is us(Good Old USA) buying their product's!! IMO there is some irony there, I am just not sure where.
By the good old USA - you mean the American consumer? and if we didnt buy there goods then lead /( and?ammo would be cheaper is that what you mean? Just trying to understand.

I have to admit somethings do seem ironic to me at times( things in general).....

Like commie capitalists- Jumbo shrimp- small bigfoots etc

Old 07-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

It's not the US Military buying all the ammo and shipping it over to Iraq, I hear Rosie ate it all.

The actual truth is cost to market has increased, and the surplus dried up waiting for the marketprice to die down. The mining of ore, shipping to processing plant, processing, and shipping to ammo makers all use petro or natural gas. That is the increase, China bought all the surplus expecting the fuel prices to stay high and they were right.

Funny thing is the outdoor range was littered with brass this morning.