Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 TUBB Final Finish Bore Conditioning System >

TUBB Final Finish Bore Conditioning System

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

TUBB Final Finish Bore Conditioning System

Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 PM

Default TUBB Final Finish Bore Conditioning System

so who has tried this system what are the pros and cons

my rifle is a off the shelf rem 700 30-06 maby 100 rounds through it
I feel it shoots pretty accurate but there are plenty of you that are going to be grouping way better than I am

any how here is the product description and a picture

From David Tubb, one of the most renowned rifle shooters in history, comes the Final Finish bore polishing system. By firing abrasive-coated bullets that you reload yourself through your firearm, you smooth and polish the throat and bore. This removes the rough spots and imperfections found in all firearms to greater increase accuracy and velocity and reduce fouling. The kit includes bullets coated in five different abrasive compounds and instructions. Please be aware that you must handload these bullets yourself to use this system.

please tell me if this is a worth while investment or if the cons over weight running this system through my gun

Old 03-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TUBB Final Finish Bore Conditioning System

Tubb's is for a bench rest gun or target rifle.
Forget it for a hunting rifle.
There are other places you can spend money and see better improvements
Old 03-12-2007, 08:02 AM
bigcountry

I litterly ruined a barrel of a 700PSS with that kit. Let me know and I will send that kit to ya. Just pay shipping.

I had to rebarrel the gun after that. I borescoped it before and after, and the rifling was sharp, and after it was rounded over.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:39 AM

"I litterly ruined a barrel of a 700PSS with that kit. Let me know and I will send that kit to ya."

i see these "bore polishing kits" as a solution looking for a problem. Know a guy who ruined a barrel with this kit.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:03 AM
bigcountry

Well, after I used the bullets, it fouled less, I admit that, but also accuracy went south.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

I used the Final Finish system on my A&B 220 Swift barrel, but only numbers 3-5 of the kit. They were the first 30 rounds down the barrel and it shoots MOA or better and is a breeze to clean. I accidently bought the TMS for a .243 and reordered the bore polishing for it. I have about a hundred rounds through this barrel and will probably shoot another 50 and then use the polishing loads to see if there is any improvement.