Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Anybody else getting cold answers Sierra? >

Anybody else getting cold answers Sierra?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Anybody else getting cold answers Sierra?

Old 09-08-2006, 06:29 AM
bigcountry

Default Anybody else getting cold answers Sierra?

Wonder if they are getting tired of taking flack over bonded bullets and such now.Sounds as if they get alot of calls about new calibers and they havn't kept up at all and really don't have any bullets to shoot RUM's, WSM's and fast pistols.Called to ask a quick question from Duane yesterday about my 460 Smith, and holy cow, someone must have took a leak in his cerial.

The X frame has been out a while now, and they still haven't shot the first bullet thru it???? Just acted very rude and suggest I call hornady. Maybe had a bad day. Only reason I buy thier bullets was loyalty to thier tech support.

In this industry, you got to keep up. Its brutal.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anybody else getting cold answers Sierra?

I do find it odd that sierra offers no premium big game hunting bullets for the high velocity rifle cartridges.I actually don't use any sierra bullets at all since they don't sell what I want.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like the Pro-Hunter bullets and have used them in quite a few different calibers. Never had a problem with a Pro-Hunter. However, I don't load them past 3000 fps. That is until now in the 270 WSM. The are loaded to about 3050. I have only used them on deer and antelope. Along with the Ballistic tip, they are my go to deer bullet. Good price and good performance.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:05 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

I do find it odd that sierra offers no premium big game hunting bullets for the high velocity rifle cartridges.I actually don't use any sierra bullets at all since they don't sell what I want.
I don't understand it either. I just don't trust them at 3200fps. I will still use em in my 308's, and all. And still use matchkings in any caliber. Just don't understand why they don't keep up with the market.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Just don't understand why they don't keep up with the market.
Who knows, they just might surprise us one day...
Old 09-09-2006, 07:14 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: trailer

Who knows, they just might surprise us one day...
NOw they stuck thier foot in thier mouth with thier big ads saying a bonded bullet is a waste. They would have to eat some crow.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

A lot of hunters seem to feel as you do, and I guess Sierra has decided they can make enough money selling bullets to competitive target shooters, where thy seem to have a pretty big monoploy. It looks like they made a conscious decision to avoid the stiff competition in the premium bullet market.

Has anyone noticed their ads recently, comparing the penetration and weight retention characteristics of their hunting bullets with other brands, attempting to show theirs have terminal performance"just as good as any others,but more accurate than the rest"?
Old 09-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-09-2006, 05:46 PM

I think their is a huge percentage of hunters andtarget shooters who shoot traditional calibers....'06, 308, 270, 243 etc. that are very very happy with Sierra bullets and the support they receive from the tech staff. I have had limited success with the bonded bullets, Nosler being the happy exception. However, I am a deer hunter and have no use for a bonded bullet. The Pro Hunters, Game Kings and Nosler BT's get the job done for me year in and year out. The long bullets cause more problems that I am willing to deal with.....barrel twist, OAL and magazine lenght to name but a few. Good luck with your bonded bullets and regards, Rick.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

What Eldeguello said.

Target shooters buy their bullets by the thousand, if not 10 thousand, Sierra dominates this market. Hunters typically buy one or two boxes of 50 or 100 and are set for several years- Sierra probably has no need to try to compete with all of the others in this market.

Quick Reply: Anybody else getting cold answers Sierra?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.