Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Some people are IDIOTS!! >

Some people are IDIOTS!!

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Some people are IDIOTS!!

Old 08-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Some people are IDIOTS!!

First off, the only reason I choose this forum to place this thread is because I couldn't find a ranting section and I was working on some reloads.

Went to the range this morning with a couple of friends. The only reason I decided to go was to work on some load development. Just trying some different charges. Got to the range and my friends had one of their friends meet us there. I set my target out at a 100 yards with plenty of room for the others to shoot. I start off by shooting 5 rounds of the lowest powder charge. Then I sit for a bit to let the barrel cool and popped off a couple rounds of my .22 pistol at clay pigeons that were placed on a burm. After a few minutes, I shoot another 5 rounds and let the barrel cool. After the 15th round, 3rd powder charge difference, I am letting the barrel cool and go back to my car to get a smoke. The friend's friend has a Sub 9 that I hear going off like crazy. He went through two mags before I got back up to the line. When I did, I found that my target was riddled with holes. I was so pissed I wanted to kick the guys ass! But being he was thier friend, I just sat down and gathered up all of my stuff and said my good byes.

I did grab my target before I left and out of the three 5 shot groups, at least one of them was still noticable and showed me that I had a bedding issue that I need to deal with. So maybe it didn't turn out all bad, but I sure wish that he could have been more respectful. Now my impression of him is that he is an Idiot!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:22 AM

Default RE: Some people are IDIOTS!!

That would enrage almost anyone! Did anyone edcuate him on proper range conduct so he may adjust his behavior?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Nothing to be mad about here, the good lord just didn't give some people the brains to think with, and then there folks just didn't teach em right. Just like last week at the range, the whole friggin range was open I was the only one there and some guy with a sks comes up and sets up right next to me on my left, threw brass all over me, I moved to the far left booth and touched off my last 10 and went home. Sort of feel sorry for them folks, ya know??
Old 08-08-2006, 01:50 PM

Maybe with a collective effort we can thin the heard so to say. If this happens make the uninformed shooter aware of his wrong doing.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Public rifle ranges are idiot magnets!!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

After talking to my friends about it yesterday, they just kind of laughed and didn't say much. I didn't want to say anything to him at the time because I would have got pissed at him.

This was a private range by the way. I was the only one out of thefour of us that didn't have a membership. I am not going to wait a couple of years and join the NRA to become a member and then still pay $60 a year to go toa ****ty range. I'll pay my $10 a year to go to another range that is 40 miles away that will allow me to shot my .50, has places to hang targets out to 500 yards, and doesn't have that much traffic.